PEN F Hints and Tips

Keith1974

New to Mu-43
Is it possible to program a button on the Pen f to out the camera into my favourite bracket mode (or the mode dial)?

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
Yes. Setup the camera as you want it (i.e. incl the bracket mode etc) and then assign it to a Custom dial position. I do this myself. C4 = 5 shot, 5-stop exposure bracket, e-shutter, H burst.

Keith1974

New to Mu-43
Yes. Setup the camera as you want it (i.e. incl the bracket mode etc) and then assign it to a Custom dial position. I do this myself. C4 = 5 shot, 5-stop exposure bracket, e-shutter, H burst.
I'm unable to set a preset to C3 or C4

Plus when I set the camera to bracket it only takes 1 shot.

Any ideas?

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Hi @Keith1974 and welcome to the forum. I own the Pen-F as well. First, have you downloaded and reviewed the manual?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/256464.pdf

As for my setup, I personally set the Magnify button (just above Menu button) to be Bracketing. That way I can use C1-C4 to quickly move between more complex setting combos, while leaving Magnify for the occasional bracketing.

Step 1: In the Menu, Shooting Mode 2, Bracketing, turn ON, select type of Bracketing you Want (I did ART for multiple JPG outputs for each photo). When backing out, choose OFF for Bracketing unless you want it on full time.

Step 2: In Custom Menu (Gears), Menu B. Button Dial, Button Function, Magnify or other, use up/down to find BKT. Now every time you hit your custom button, you toggle BKT Off or On and will see an indicator on the EVF or rear screen.

Step 3: Enjoy!

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
I'm unable to set a preset to C3 or C4

Plus when I set the camera to bracket it only takes 1 shot.

Any ideas?
I think therefore that you've got C3 and C4 set to the old "Scene" modes then. Go to cogs menu B (Button/Dial), then go to "Mode Dial Function" then set C3 and C4 to be "C3" "C4" rather than the funny three squares and "SCN" settings.

To take all bracket shots in one go, ensure you've got the camera set to one of the H drive modes.

Keith1974

New to Mu-43
I think therefore that you've got C3 and C4 set to the old "Scene" modes then. Go to cogs menu B (Button/Dial), then go to "Mode Dial Function" then set C3 and C4 to be "C3" "C4" rather than the funny three squares and "SCN" settings.

To take all bracket shots in one go, ensure you've got the camera set to one of the H drive modes.
Perfect this is really helpful thank you.

I'll give these a try.

Keith1974

New to Mu-43
Hi @Keith1974 and welcome to the forum. I own the Pen-F as well. First, have you downloaded and reviewed the manual?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/256464.pdf

As for my setup, I personally set the Magnify button (just above Menu button) to be Bracketing. That way I can use C1-C4 to quickly move between more complex setting combos, while leaving Magnify for the occasional bracketing.

Step 1: In the Menu, Shooting Mode 2, Bracketing, turn ON, select type of Bracketing you Want (I did ART for multiple JPG outputs for each photo). When backing out, choose OFF for Bracketing unless you want it on full time.

Step 2: In Custom Menu (Gears), Menu B. Button Dial, Button Function, Magnify or other, use up/down to find BKT. Now every time you hit your custom button, you toggle BKT Off or On and will see an indicator on the EVF or rear screen.

Step 3: Enjoy!
Thank you - this helped but I cannot seem to get the camera to fire AE BKT mode. The camera is set to high speed shots, I have a pro lens and using 3f 0.7ev but it only fires one shot.

Any ideas?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom