Pen F front grip

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Pstmstr, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Pstmstr

Pstmstr Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2016
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
  3. Pstmstr

Pstmstr Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2016
    A matter of personal preference I suppose. I don't like the bamboo and the Arca is pretty nice for tripod without having to use a plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Both of those grips look good.

I'm still holding out for one of Richard Franc's finger-shelf designs, which adds nothing along the bottom of the camera.

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I sort of had the opposite opinion :blush:. I think the future Franiec one will look much better.

6. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    I gottcha; you no likely the ones linked above, but looking forward to Richard's finger grip. Me too! I hope he makes one for the Pen-F.

The Franiac finger grip on my GM5 totally makes the camera comfortably hold-able. The Franiac grip on my E-PL5 was awesome, as well. Just the right amount of purchase, without adding a whole 'nother hunk of size, weight, and expense.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  7. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I have noooooo interest in a "finger-shelf" design, never have in any camera I've owned. I prefer a little more height to give my last two fingers better purchase. It's just a lot more comfortable over an extended street session or hike.

8. Dogman

Dogman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 23, 2012
    Maryland
    Another option is a PEN-F grip/L-bracket from RRS that hopefully will be available in a few more weeks. RRS - Plate Set for Olympus PEN-F includes L-Plate & Grip

I have the ECG-4 grip and find it makes the PEN-F much easier to use. Some people find the design...well...ugly. I don't. I find it rather practical, and most of my cameras are fitted with an Arca-Swiss-compatible L-bracket. The RRS grip/L-bracket is expensive $180, but more practical than the ECG-4 in that it has the option to shoot in both landscape and portrait modes without having to rotate the tripod head 90 degrees.

• Like Like x 1
  9. zensu

zensu Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Alabama USA
    Bobby
    Thanks for the info! I went to the Really Right Stuff website where you can pre-order their grip for the Pen F but they don't show a photo of this grip. Do you have a link to this?
    Bobby
    PS, Just saw the note on RRS website that said photos will be available in 1-2 weeks. They are still in pre-production stage I guess.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.