PEN - F file numbering confusion

Brian_G

Mu-43 Regular
Best to rename photos from the card on import to unique file names. This will prevent data crashes when you have two images with the same name. You need to be using a DAM system to make this an easy task.
Again, it's NOT the downloaded files that cause the problem, it's the way the image files are stored and numbered on the SD card.
Once the files are downloaded they are in the folder I want them in.
It's finding the files on the SD card before I can download them that is confusing.
As I said above, if On1 had a decent file downloader I wouldn't need to drag and drop in Windows file manager.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yes, It's my intention to even out "wear" on the SD card by making sure it's fully filled before reformatting.
I believe the cards are engineered to spread the usage over every element, but by filling the card you know that every space has been filled.
You answered your own concerned with the second sentence. Your filling the card does nothing additional to help "wear leveling" of the media card. There is of course no harm filling the card, I tend to leave all my photos on the card for many months adding new ones as I go, but you are not assisting the SD firmware in any way.

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Again, it's NOT the downloaded files that cause the problem, it's the way the image files are stored and numbered on the SD card.
Once the files are downloaded they are in the folder I want them in.
It's finding the files on the SD card before I can download them that is confusing.
As I said above, if On1 had a decent file downloader I wouldn't need to drag and drop in Windows file manager.
Click on the Date or Time column in explorer to sort by newest or oldest.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom