Pen F: Art dial starting to look more interesting to me...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by janneman, Jan 27, 2016.

1. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Jan (John) Kusters
    I have been watching a long (47 min) video from Jamie MacDonald talking with Mike Boening which gave me the first real info on the 'artsy fartsy' dial on the front and the curves adjustment lever below the mode dial.

And I must admit, for me who switches between colour for snaposhots and black and white for serious work, it makes more sense now than I expected.
    Basically it allows me to set up 3 standard black and white profiles with different contrast curves and different colour sensitivities. Something similar could be done for colour. And when set to black and white mode, I have much easier excess to digital colour filters (buried deep in the menus of my present E-M5). I might actually start to use them.
    I have always shot Raw+Jpeg, using Jpeg for direct feedback and quick results, and Raw for getting the best. This new set up might allow me to use the Jpegs more often for final prints.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    I watched the same video and agree with you. Coming from an old school B&W film background the monochrome mode is very appealing to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk