Pen F Aperture adjustment question

thearne3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi all,

My first post on mu-43.com!

I just received a 38mm Pen F lens and adapter. I had assumed that the aperture would stop down like my Hexanon lenses, but it stays wide open until/unless you press the 'preview' button. :dash2:

What am I missing? Can the lens be easily modified to stop down using only the aperture ring??

Thanks!
Tom

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
is there a pin in the back that moves with the f stop try to jam it in one position so that when you turn the ring it moves to the f stop listed , also you could modify the preview to stay in position ,................... just a thought , perhaps the solution is simpler still

thearne3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks for the input. I'm hoping I've either missed something or there's a known procedure for dealing with the aperture pin. I can't believe so many people use the Pen F lenses without some modification to deal with this issue!

Best,
Tom

Addendum: Decided to use a piece of cardboard behind the aperture lever - works fine, won't accidentally come out, harmless. I'm all set.

genji

Mu-43 Rookie
Thanks for the input. I'm hoping I've either missed something or there's a known procedure for dealing with the aperture pin. I can't believe so many people use the Pen F lenses without some modification to deal with this issue!

Best,
Tom

Addendum: Decided to use a piece of cardboard behind the aperture lever - works fine, won't accidentally come out, harmless. I'm all set.
Which adapter are you using? I have seven Pen F lenses and four different brands of adapter and have never encountered the problem you describe.

kai.e.g.

Mu-43 Regular
That's the only solution I've heard of. I'm still using mine as-is, which means I sometimes forget to press the button on the side as I'm shooting. I should stick a piece of cardboard in it tomorrow. Enjoy your new lens!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom