1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pen F Aperture adjustment question

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by thearne3, Jan 29, 2010.

1. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Hi all,

My first post on mu-43.com!

I just received a 38mm Pen F lens and adapter. I had assumed that the aperture would stop down like my Hexanon lenses, but it stays wide open until/unless you press the 'preview' button. :dash2:

What am I missing? Can the lens be easily modified to stop down using only the aperture ring??

Thanks!
    Tom

2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    is there a pin in the back that moves with the f stop try to jam it in one position so that when you turn the ring it moves to the f stop listed , also you could modify the preview to stay in position ,................... just a thought , perhaps the solution is simpler still

• Like Like x 1
  3. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Thanks for the input. I'm hoping I've either missed something or there's a known procedure for dealing with the aperture pin. I can't believe so many people use the Pen F lenses without some modification to deal with this issue!

Best,
    Tom

Addendum: Decided to use a piece of cardboard behind the aperture lever - works fine, won't accidentally come out, harmless. I'm all set.

4. genji

genji Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2010
    Which adapter are you using? I have seven Pen F lenses and four different brands of adapter and have never encountered the problem you describe.

5. kai.e.g.

kai.e.g. Mu-43 Regular

That's the only solution I've heard of. I'm still using mine as-is, which means I sometimes forget to press the button on the side as I'm shooting. I should stick a piece of cardboard in it tomorrow. Enjoy your new lens!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.