Pen f & adapted lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Neil's, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Neil's

Neil's New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2017
    Hi
    Just wondering what's people's experience is using the pen f with adapted lenses

2. wimg

wimg Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 10, 2016
    Netherlands
    Works just fine. I use Canon glass and Metabones adapters on all of my MFT bodies, including the Pen-F :).

HTH, kind regards, Wim

3. Neil's

Neil's New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2017
  4. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I would think the Pen-F is as good as any other mft for adapted lenses. Maybe even better than some because it has Oly's top notch IBIS.

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I use a ton of adapted lenses, all Nikon f-mount manual focus. I've got a ZY Optics Creator 85/2, Nikon 55/3.5 macro, Nikon 60mmf/2.8D macro, Nikon 105/2.5. I'm even considering the Voigtlander 40mm ultra II f/2 and the Nikon 180/2.8ED AIS.

I use focus peaking, yellow, low for most focusing aid work - then I setup a button on the back of the camera body for punching in the zoom when needed.
    I use a Fotodiox Nikon to m43 adapter.

The PEN-F also has the adapted lens menu setting where you can pre-load an adapted lenses info so that it gets loaded into the EXIF properly when you are shooting with it. I love having that already in the file so that my Lightroom catalog auto categorizes it during import.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I forget about that function. I wish it could have been added to other models through FW update. It would be great to have.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. callie

callie Mu-43 Regular

Oct 28, 2016
    Eddie
    Thats the one thing that is a pain in the backplate.I have to keep separate folders for each lens then remember to wipe the card after transferring.The fun starts when I forget to wipe the card.