Pen f & adapted lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Neil's, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Neil's

Neil's New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2017
    Hi
    Just wondering what's people's experience is using the pen f with adapted lenses

2. wimg

wimg Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 10, 2016
    Netherlands
    Works just fine. I use Canon glass and Metabones adapters on all of my MFT bodies, including the Pen-F :) .

HTH, kind regards, Wim

3. Neil's

Neil's New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2017
    Thank you

4. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I would think the Pen-F is as good as any other mft for adapted lenses. Maybe even better than some because it has Oly's top notch IBIS.

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I use a ton of adapted lenses, all Nikon f-mount manual focus. I've got a ZY Optics Creator 85/2, Nikon 55/3.5 macro, Nikon 60mmf/2.8D macro, Nikon 105/2.5. I'm even considering the Voigtlander 40mm ultra II f/2 and the Nikon 180/2.8ED AIS.

I use focus peaking, yellow, low for most focusing aid work - then I setup a button on the back of the camera body for punching in the zoom when needed.
    I use a Fotodiox Nikon to m43 adapter.

The PEN-F also has the adapted lens menu setting where you can pre-load an adapted lenses info so that it gets loaded into the EXIF properly when you are shooting with it. I love having that already in the file so that my Lightroom catalog auto categorizes it during import.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I forget about that function. I wish it could have been added to other models through FW update. It would be great to have.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. callie

callie Mu-43 Regular

Oct 28, 2016
    Eddie
    Thats the one thing that is a pain in the backplate.I have to keep separate folders for each lens then remember to wipe the card after transferring.The fun starts when I forget to wipe the card.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.