PEN camera to iPhone connection app

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by pourdad, Sep 24, 2013.

1. pourdad

pourdad New to Mu-43

Apr 18, 2013
    Does anyone know of a method to transfer JPEG's from an Olympus Pen camera to an iPhone using a cable? I shoot with a PL5. The wifi cards seem slow and somewhat cumbersome. I don't mind carrying a cable for the rare times I want to move a file directly to my phone.

2. MikeB

MikeB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Apple has a camera connection kit for the iPad, but I don't think it works on an iPhone. The one I got has two adapters, one accepts a SD card and one a USB cable, I have only used the SD card version. It works fairly well, the iPad sees all the photos on the card and lets you pick the ones to import.
  3. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    It does not work on the iPhone. It works great on the iPad for jpegs, including the embedded preview jpegs in raw files.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pourdad

pourdad New to Mu-43

Apr 18, 2013
    Thanks. Guess it was wishful thinking.
  5. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    I did a ton of research on this a little over a year ago, and couldn't find anything. The wifi cards seem to be the only solution without using a computer or iPad unless something new has come out since then.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. migs

migs Mu-43 Regular

Dec 24, 2012
    i'm using a transcend card in my e-p3. small jpgs take less than 2 seconds. large jpgs around 4-5. if you're only moving the occasional file, is the speed really that big a deal?