1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Peak Design's new Leash, Cuff and Capture Camera Clip

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by badcatgary, Nov 25, 2012.

1. badcatgary

badcatgary Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Jeremy
    Peak Design has just launched a new strap related project. In addition to early-bird offers on the new straps, they have some bundles that will save you some money on the Capture Camera Clip. For instance, the Clip and Cuff can be had for $60, which is $20 less than the Clip retails for.

Leash and Cuff, by Peak Design by Peter Dering — Kickstarter

• Like Like x 1
  2. mrjoshua

mrjoshua Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up on this!

I just backed option 3 (leash, cuff and capture), as I want the new manfrotto compatible plate. I'll then sell my complete existing capture.

3. millimeterwave

millimeterwave Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 31, 2012
    ATL, GA
    The cuff looks fantastic

My black rapids strap is a bit too bulky to use with my G3/OMD not to mention it screams look at me.

4. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    I backed their Capture kickstarter effort a while back. Nice bit of kit. My only disapointment was that the supplied plate was not arca swiss compatible. That could have changed.

5. badcatgary

badcatgary Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Jeremy
    They have three new plates, including a slimmer one sized for m4/3, and I think they are all arca-swiss compatible.

6. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    The Capture Clip looked pretty stupid to me. This seems nice, but their "sling strap" is just a long strap. The point of a "rapid" sling strap is that the strap doesn't have to slide, and I'm not convinced that this is particularly helpful that way.

7. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Same here, I got in on the original capture and bought 2 at that time (in order to get 2 plates as it was close to the same price just to order another plate). Since then I realize I didn't need two sets and only use one clamp. I recently bought 2 of the compact size plates, so will pick up a third one with this, along with another capture clamp and sell the original 2 capture clamps/plates afterwards.

8. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Just received a Benro B3 head in the post, and my Peak Design plate fits without any issues. On a Giottos head, it don't fit. So I guess its a case of 'it depends'.

9. shepx13

shepx13 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    Tyler, TX
    Ken
    How doesn't it fit? What dimensions are off?

10. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Looks like the dovetail on the plate is slightly too thick. The Benro mounting mechanism can open up slightly more than the Giottos, which is enough to squeeze it in. Maybe there is some copy variation going on.

11. mrjoshua

mrjoshua Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    I got my package from Peak Designs in the new year...

All excellent products.

The leash is a very versatile design, neck strap or three different styles of sling.

The cuff is great too, just the right size.

Both are really high quality and very soft on the neck/wrist. When used as a sling, it slinks across any clothing when bringing the camera up to working height.

The Manfrotto compatible capture is very nice. Looks more nicely made than my original Arca style plate.

I'm very happy with all three products.