1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Peak Designs 10% Off Coupon Code

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by twokatmew, May 7, 2013.

1. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Just discovered this 10% off code:

1kind

It works only at Peak Designs:

https://peakdesignltd.com/

If you're buying more than one item, check the bundles page, and you might save a little bit more. :smile:

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Nice find! They have great stuff - I have the capture (though don't use it as much as I should), their neck and wrist straps and 3-4 of their arca plates. Even if you don't use the capture system, the micro arca plates are a very good value on their own and great for our compact cameras (even better with a discount!).

3. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    Bummer, I waited too long ;)

It looks like this code doesn't work any more:

"Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!"

Thanks for sharing it though.

Dan

EDIT: False! You need enough dollar value in your cart, see twokatmew's post below.

4. Warptech

Warptech New to Mu-43

May 8, 2013
    It still works for me! Just bought Capture, Leash & Cuff and got 10% off!
    ThankĀ“s for sharing:smile:

5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    It seems there's a minimum purchase limit. When I put the leash & cuff bundle in my card and try the code, it takes $5 off. If I just put the cuff in my cart and try the code, it gives me the message you quoted.

6. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    AH! That makes sense. I have the leash. Thinking about the Cuff and thought "yeah, now I'll pick it up."

I just need to not be a cheap bastard it seems ;)

7. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I was all set to buy the leash & cuff bundle, and then I read this post in another thread:

https://www.mu-43.com/f67/wrist-strap-options-43327/index6.html#post446260

Although we have a great shoe repair shop here, and they'd probably modify it for me as needed, I don't particularly want to buy something I might not be able to use right out of the box. (I'm barely 5'0" tall, so many accessories dwarf me and end up collecting dust as a result.)

Re being cheap: My take is that so much of photography is very expensive, that *I* sure like to save as much as I can whenever I can. If I really want something I'll occasionally buy at full price, but most of the time I wait for sales, buy used or try to squeeze every cent out of coupon codes! :biggrin:

8. mcumeda

mcumeda Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    The cuff is more of a safe guard rather than a true hand strap. In other words, I think it was meant for you to hand hold your camera, but if you were to get it knocked out of your hand for whatever reason, you camera would not come crashing down on th ground. It also allows you to temporarily let dangle, but it is a little long to let your camera swing along free. I like it. I am not a huge strap fan, but the cuff gives me some peace of mind.. Especially when walking around in a crowd.

9. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    The Cuff is a little longer than usual, but I think that is more a product of it being designed to prevent a fall than to rely on for weight bearing on a regular basis. I think it is also longer so that you can link the strap to any point on your camera. For instance I have the links on the top and bottom left side of my cameras (bottom being their arca plate), so I can easily link the cuff to the bottom left plate link. I wouldn't be able to attach most other wrist straps down there normally due to limited space/distance. It is also so minimal and very light that a little extra length really goes unnoticed anyway.