Peak Design Tripod

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Nice review and photos. I love the design. I have watched the PD videos countless times. If I have a big enough win on the Premium bonds, I will buy one and sell on my Manfrotto Carbon BeFree. It will make a fine travel tripod. However I don't think it would replace my large Manfrotto 055carbon pro with a geared head. I have a 40 plus year old Cullman tripod that normally has use a couple of times a week as my spotting Scope tripod. My daughter is borrowing it for her dance videos. I have a small Slik that I bought in France 40 plus years ago, plus small Manfrotto evopixi. Yes I like that PD carbon tripod. The mk.III will be phenomenal.

Yeah, with that unique ballhead and design specific to be a travel tripod, it’s hard for it to replace a heavy duty tripod. As a compact travel tripod, it works wonders. Can’t wait to see what mkII or III bring to table!

Repp

Mu-43 All-Pro
Seems unwieldy though. I am looking for something like this which will directly fit onto PD ball-head.
Ah, then you want pan motion only. A Pan only head is much smaller, but this PG01 isnt too bad for what it gives. (Forgive the phone pics, didn’t want to pull out a 2nd camera)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom