Peak design strap failures

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by OzRay, Sep 18, 2014.

1. imahawki

imahawki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2014
    I don't understand what exactly failed. I bought the cuff/leash combo and have been pleased do far but I definitely don't want my E-M10 crashing to the ground.
  2. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    The cuff / leash is not affected - mine are totally sturdy and I love them. Totally different design on the anchors. This advisory is for the new anchors and slide design.
  3. imahawki

imahawki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2014
  4. m43happy

m43happy Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    Yikes, I bought a Peak Design leash for my camera a couple months ago. So far so good, but it's not good to hear about these kind of things.
  5. Reflector

Reflector Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Interesting failure mode with the leaf spring.

Edit: Looks like it only affects the newer anchor design and not the Cuff/Leash anchors.
  6. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    That's progress.
  7. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Was just looking at purchasing this product.
    After something that works in the same manner so I can move between neck strap and wrist strap with ease.
    Anyone know of other systems like this or a DIY one.

8. tornado

tornado Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    I like the OpTech small camera strap systems...the quick micro connecters are perfect for the m43 bodies. I can switch from standard neck strap, to light duty sling strap, to a cuff strap in seconds.

Sent from my BlackBerry z10 via mu43 App.
    My BlackBerry Messenger pin:24BDF528
  9. Roast

Roast Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  10. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    To clarify:

Only the new anchors have this flaw.

The anchors will not fail in the middle of use. They have to be pushed out before the link is connected. So if you have a new slide or clutch or set of anchor links, make sure it's secure first. Then you don't run the risk of it coming apart.

A new batch of redesigned anchors is on the way that should solve this problem. But if you bought a slide or clutch you already know this.

Leash and cuff are unaffected.

I think that's about it. Hell, they didn't even send me my anchor links because of the problem and now I'm just waiting to get all of mine replaced I still use my Slide in the meantime, I just push on the anchors to make sure it's seated before I connect it to my camera. No big deal.