1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Peak Design Slide and Clutch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Harvey Melvin Richards, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Cool! Looks like Slide will be another alternative to the Artisan and Artist Easy Slider. I hope the wide part of the strap is 1.5" and not 2". Need to look at the description/specs to see about this.

And I'll for sure grab a couple of the Anchor Links. Those would be great for the old narrow stock straps from 70s/80s SLRs.

3. Harvey Melvin Richards

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I'm looking forward to the Anchor Links, they will be useful. But I signed up for everything else also.

4. sprocket87

sprocket87 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    Wow, looks great! I just got the Leash for my E-M5 and really like it, but I wish it was wider/more comfy and had a quick slider/cinch mechanism. The new Slide sling looks perfect!!

On the other hand I really don't want to spend the extra money now.... ughhh :D

5. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    It looks neat but way to big for mFT IMHO.

6. sprocket87

sprocket87 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    Yeah it is a bit bulky isn't it? That's the great thing about the Leash, it's so slim and soft it just wads up into a ball of nothing. Still, this looks nice for longer wear periods.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

7. Harvey Melvin Richards

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    Peak Design met their Kickstarter funding goal in less than 24 hours, so everything will be made.

8. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    The clutch looks great, and the slider would be a no brainer if I shot bigger, heavier systems. As it stands I find the leash perfect for my camera gear. It's only a touch narrow when I mount the 50-200 SWD and the teleconverter to the E-M1, but the tiny size compensates nicely.

9. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
  10. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    That is peak designs 3rd or 4th kickstarter. They make a very solid product. Have you considered the Mindshift Gear Panaroma 180. It's a great pack and you dont really need a strap system for it. The peak design capture clip might suit your needs depending on what they are.

11. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I actually found my solution at home and with a quick Google. Using a video camera case that I had used previously for my M mount lenses and Pen cameras, and a strap system for dual cameras, I now have just what I need (and with a quick switch of straps, I have an over-the-shoulder bag or backpack):

bag.

$_57.JPG

12. roguedog

roguedog Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 30, 2010
    Cuff vs Clutch? When would you use one or the other? I currently have the Optech wrist strap but I don't really like the connector. I find myself unconsciously fiddling with it while on my wrist and I have to stop cuz then of course, I'd drop my camera. Other than that the OPtech is great. Comfortable and the length and function I need but looking for something else that might work and another quick connect system. Not really digging the Optech straps.

Also has anyone figured out the width of the Slide? Was looking at the Leash and it's only 3/4" and thinking that might not be comfortable since the OEM strap is 1" for the Oly EP5.

13. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I used the Optech wrist and neck straps for my SLR/DSLR (Pentax, Olympus E) for years but the thing that always bugged me about the wrist straps was the relative stiffness because of the material thickness. I've started using the Cuff with an E-M10 and I love it. I use Gordy's leather wrist straps on my Pen and XZ but didn't like how it worked on the new camera. The leather strap was just a bit too stiff where they connect and it all felt just a little off to me.

I like the Cuff well enough that I've ordered a Leash to try.