Peak Design Panasonic strap eyelet fit?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Danny_SWE, May 21, 2016.

1. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Now when I changed main body to Panasonic I tried to switch over the eyelets as well. But no luck. On Olympus they are already very tight but this was almost impossible. As I see it :) anyone with different experience?

[​IMG]

2. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I now leave the triangle clips on the lugs and thread the PD connectors easily onto them. I used to take the clips off, but threading the PD connector thread through the Oly lugs was hard enough. :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Palmguy

Palmguy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    Yep....put the triangle rings on and you'll be ok.

[​IMG]

4. brettmaxwell

brettmaxwell Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    I got it through my GM1, I used a piece of wire looped through it to pull it through. It's definitely very tight, but once it's in it still slides and rotates naturally.

5. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Keep an eye on making sure that the eyelet does not sheer the fabric of loop, especially after an extended period of time. A tight fit certainly doesn't help matters.

--Ken

• Like Like x 2
  6. brettmaxwell

brettmaxwell Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    That's why I mentioned it slides and rotates, it doesn't seem like it will slice into it, but all straps should be checked regularly for wear!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Philip Scott

Philip Scott Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA, USA
    Do the "Triangle Rings" come with the strap from Peak Design or are they original to the Olympus camera body??

8. Palmguy

Palmguy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    Those come on the body.

9. Philip Scott

Apr 28, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA, USA
    Thanks. Hoping to pick up a second hand OMD M-5 MK II shortly and wanted to confirm they should be with the kit. Looks like a good strap- may change over to it and put the tabs on my Pen-F and the OMD5.

10. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    I switch out the triangle rings for small stainless circular split rings and put the Peak connectors on those. Not really any more or less functional, I guess, but it just looks better to me. And the circular rings feel better when my finger rubs against them. You'd think they could figure out a way to keep those posts off of the grip . . .

11. Philip Scott

Apr 28, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA, USA
    Good suggestion @spdavies@spdavies. Ever since I found split ring pliers for my boat and fishing gear, I use them everywhere too. The pliers let you open and thread the split rings without destroying your fingernails :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    Bless you for that link, my good man! I thank you and my sore fingernails thank you! :2thumbs:
    (I just put rings on a new GX85 this evening and my fingertips actually are sore. Ha!)

13. e_kjellgren

e_kjellgren Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2011
    Sweden
  14. Rambling Sam

Rambling Sam Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2016
    Reading, Berkshire, UK
    Sam
    Whenever I bought my Olympus's, they came with the triangular split-rings and 'protectors' which I fitted between the eyelet and the split rings -which prevent the paintwork from getting scuffed. However, for the past 5 years I've been fitting the small QD connectors shown below, so I can use the same strap on all of my cameras. I've used used these connectors on other things weighing at least 40kg, (I've also Loaded and Drop-tested these with up to 50kg, at which point, the split-rings start complaining, but haven't failed!)

Camera-QD-Strap.

They actually disconnect between the brown and white collars shown in this photo.

• Like Like x 1