Peak Design Leash Problems

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by NoTan2, May 5, 2014.

1. NoTan2

NoTan2 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2014
    Newcastle NSW Australia
    Paul
    I just received my Peak Design Leash and Cuff.

The Cuff works fine. The snap connector engages positively and releases with no problem.

The Leash is a different story. More often than not, I can't get the connectors to engage properly. Even after pulling them firmly into position, I can sometimes just pull back on the anchor cord and the anchor will start sliding out of position (without pushing down on it).

However, to actually release the anchor completely (whether or not it engages correctly) is painful (literally). I have to push down on the anchor with one thumb and dig the other thumb behind the anchor to try to force it out of the connector (usually bruising my thumb on the sharp bits in the process).

The bent metal spring in the connector for the Cuff has significantly more "spring" or travel than the corresponding components in the Leash. Since both connectors on the Leash are the same, it seems less likely that both are faulty but I can't think of a reason why they are so different from the Cuff.

Has anybody experienced this? Perhaps they start to work better after they "wear in"? (If my thumbs survive the process). Or did I just get an out of spec Leash?

Thanks,
    Paul.

2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I've had the Leash for about a year and never had the problem you're describing.

Fred

3. NoTan2

NoTan2 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2014
    Newcastle NSW Australia
    Paul
    Hi Fred,

I've emailed Peak Design so I'll see what they suggest.

In the feedback section on their website they mention that the earliest Kickstarter runs had a problem with the anchor pulling loose and that it was fixed by modifying the spring. Hard to believe that I would have been sold one of those, though.