1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Peak Design ARCA Plate for Capture Camera Clip - $19.99 + $2.65 shipping

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by budeny, Feb 22, 2016.

1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    I don't know much about Peak Design hardware, but I will make the following observation:

Connecting a camera to a tripod via a resilient and flexible material pretty well defeats the purpose of putting it on a tripod in the first place. The red stuff looks like it is exactly this. Maybe not. I would have to hold an example in my hand to be sure.

2. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Main purpose of the plate is to use it with Capture Camera Clip and comparability with Arca heads is just added benefit.
    Clip usage presumes a lot more on/off cycles in any single day and applies more twisting force than tripod plate use and from my experience with it, slightly compressible gasket is good design for it.
    FYI, gasket looks like some sort of polyurethane and quite rigid.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  3. Tony Rex

Tony Rex Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 6, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Tony Rex
    This is down from $30, but it has been superceded by the pro plate.

I haven't got one of these, but I have a micro plate and the standard plates. And I reckon anything but the micro would be too big for the slim MFT bodies, except of course with battery grips. So I use either the micro plate+E-M1/5 or the standard plate+HLD-7 with the CapturePRO clip. I might be wrong of course.

4. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    The standard plate (came with the Slide) doesn't protrude on my E-M1 (no grip).

Barry

5. Tony Rex

Tony Rex Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 6, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Tony Rex
    Yes mate but I can't remember exactly, either on the em1 or the em5 the screen could not be flipped out easily from hitting the gasket.

24578813394_039d234e5c_h.

The micro plate is great, but it's 2-way insertion made the Pro Pad compulsory for the belt with Capture clip, and I haven't got one.

6. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    EM1 screen tilts down just fine with that Arca plate - or any other plate that's wider than camera's base.
    I only know that EP5 has issues with plates:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tony Rex

Tony Rex Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 6, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Tony Rex
    Nah mate, add E-M5 (Mk I/Elite) to the list. I re-checked it myself.

24934785790_4b5fed3f83_o.

It is impossible to tilt the screen down when the screen bottom is hard up against the Peak Design Standard plate and thus it can't be flipped out.

PS: The micro plate is fine though, check my previous picture above.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1