1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Peak Design Anchors

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Neil_jo, May 22, 2019.

1. Neil_jo

Neil_jo Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Ontario
    Neil Johnson
    I was looking to get some extra Peak design anchor connectors and came across this link to have the anchors replaced. So depending on which ones you have they can be replaced for free including shipping.

2018 Anchor Update

Neil

• Informative Informative x 5
  2. The Grumpy Snapper

The Grumpy Snapper Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 9, 2017
    I applied for replacements when the issue was first announced. I never received the replacements and as a result stopped using the old ones and will never consider Peak Design products in the future.

• Wow Wow x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  3. Dinobe

Dinobe Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Nov 23, 2017
    Lochristi, Belgium
    I've applied for replacements almost a year ago, and got them nicely delivered to my place. I'm a happy peak design user...

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Why not contact them again? It might have been an honest mix up.

This is a company that sold over a million of just that one version of the archor and got 7 complains and so offered to replace all 1M+ anchors for free. Most companies wouldn't have bothered at all and probably haven't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Rick
    I had no problem receiving them, promptly and without issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    I strongly recommend you contact them again; they may have got the address wrong, or the post office lost the package.
    I was looking to buy a replacement silicon rubber tripod leg strap and couldn't find the part number on their site. I emailed them and they apologized that it wasn't listed and shipped me a few at no charge. They are a very responsive company, possibly the best I've dealt with in years.

7. I did the same quite some time ago and never received mine either... however all of mine are still functioning, I have a good number of PD products and will continue to support them cuz I believe they make very good, but expensive products. I’m doing everything I can not to bite at their new tripod though... mainly because of the number of tripods I already have, including a travel one that works fine already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. moonraker

moonraker Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Wiltshire, UK
    I got my replacements very quickly (to the UK as well). Very impressed with the service and products...

9. Hendrik

Hendrik Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Wayland MA
    Hendrik
    On the strength of this thread, I sent an application in sometime last week. Today, I received notification from PD that my replacements had shipped. I sent them a photo of 9 anchors, most of them v. 1. They ship in packets of four, so they rounded up to three packets - 12 anchors. I'm impressed. I like the koolaid anyway, but now it tastes just a teeny bit better.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. djtaylor7

djtaylor7 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Nelson, NZ
    David
    Likewise got replacement anchors sent to me in NZ, at no cost, after applying through the website. Easy process. I like using the anchors with the anchor links on the Olympus strap, and then can easily take the strap off, or use a wrist strap.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. djtaylor7

djtaylor7 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Nelson, NZ
    David
    The only thing with the V4 anchors is that they are a tight fit in the Olympus body posts. PD supply some split rings, but I found if I used some strong cotton and looped it through the anchor, I could pull them through the hole, and get the anchor to fit. Not worried about chafing; the Olympus posts have smooth edges.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I also got the replacements. If you missed out possibly the web page claim form missed an important option. From memory there were a series of questions if you answered one wrong you could miss out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Neil_jo

Neil_jo Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Ontario
    Neil Johnson
    Just a heads up, got an email from them on may 17 saying they were shipped and they were delivered on the 31st.
    Looks like the cord is a bit heavier and metal rings to mount on the camera.

Neil

• Like Like x 1
  14. ToxicTabasco

ToxicTabasco Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 2, 2018
    South West USA
    I had the recalled anchors. PD took about 4 weeks to replace them FREE. Thus, still use the thin cord anchors on the small camera, and the new thick cord anchors on the larger cameras, and binos.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hendrik

Hendrik Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Wayland MA
    Hendrik
    Update. Received the anchors in the mail today. Order fulfilled!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.