Peak Design Anchors

The Grumpy Snapper

Mu-43 Veteran
I applied for replacements when the issue was first announced. I never received the replacements and as a result stopped using the old ones and will never consider Peak Design products in the future.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I applied for replacements when the issue was first announced. I never received the replacements and as a result stopped using the old ones and will never consider Peak Design products in the future.
Why not contact them again? It might have been an honest mix up.

This is a company that sold over a million of just that one version of the archor and got 7 complains and so offered to replace all 1M+ anchors for free. Most companies wouldn't have bothered at all and probably haven't.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
I strongly recommend you contact them again; they may have got the address wrong, or the post office lost the package.
I was looking to buy a replacement silicon rubber tripod leg strap and couldn't find the part number on their site. I emailed them and they apologized that it wasn't listed and shipped me a few at no charge. They are a very responsive company, possibly the best I've dealt with in years.

I did the same quite some time ago and never received mine either... however all of mine are still functioning, I have a good number of PD products and will continue to support them cuz I believe they make very good, but expensive products. I’m doing everything I can not to bite at their new tripod though... mainly because of the number of tripods I already have, including a travel one that works fine already.

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
On the strength of this thread, I sent an application in sometime last week. Today, I received notification from PD that my replacements had shipped. I sent them a photo of 9 anchors, most of them v. 1. They ship in packets of four, so they rounded up to three packets - 12 anchors. I'm impressed. I like the koolaid anyway, but now it tastes just a teeny bit better.

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
Likewise got replacement anchors sent to me in NZ, at no cost, after applying through the website. Easy process. I like using the anchors with the anchor links on the Olympus strap, and then can easily take the strap off, or use a wrist strap.

Last edited:

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
The only thing with the V4 anchors is that they are a tight fit in the Olympus body posts. PD supply some split rings, but I found if I used some strong cotton and looped it through the anchor, I could pull them through the hole, and get the anchor to fit. Not worried about chafing; the Olympus posts have smooth edges.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I also got the replacements. If you missed out possibly the web page claim form missed an important option. From memory there were a series of questions if you answered one wrong you could miss out.

Neil_jo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Neil Johnson
Just a heads up, got an email from them on may 17 saying they were shipped and they were delivered on the 31st.
Looks like the cord is a bit heavier and metal rings to mount on the camera.

Neil

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
I had the recalled anchors. PD took about 4 weeks to replace them FREE. Thus, still use the thin cord anchors on the small camera, and the new thick cord anchors on the larger cameras, and binos.

OldRex

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mark
I had my anchor replacement kit arrive today. Well done Peak Design! What a hassle to get the thicker material through the posts on the m1.2. Got there in the end though. I really like the Peak Design stuff, though I think i will stay with my Sirui T-025X travel tripod over theirs.

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
I applied and got mine within 2 weeks. That was a few months ago. It was more than likely an honest mistake.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom