PC Sync on the E-M1? Thank you Olympus!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JamieW, Dec 15, 2013.

1. JamieW

JamieW Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2013
    I have to admit, I was a little amused when I saw the PC sync port on the E-M1. I can't remember the last time I've used one of those. Then today 15 minutes into a shoot my transmitter for the wireless remotes died on me. I went to swap the batteries out and realized it was a CR2450, and I didn't have a backup.

Just yesterday I picked up a used Alien Bees AB800 from a local shop and there was a pc sync cord in the bag. It saved my bacon today. I have others in "that box", you know the one. The one everyone has buried in the garage under boxes full of other things you'll never look at again but can't bring yourself to part with. I think I'd have canceled the shoot before going through all of that to try to find a pc sync cord. :biggrin:
  2. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    PC sync is now my friend, as of tonight. My hotshoe is now free for things like a TTL flash, while I can still use my wireless triggers at the same time. Simply wonderful. Anyone who dogs pc sync can suck it.

Now all I gotta do is devise a way to keep the radio trigger attached to the camera somehow, so it doesn't go bouncing around and come undone.

And yeah, I have that box, too. Except it's in the basement. I think... Full of antiquated studio flashes that have two powers, that I've never used before and probably never will.

But I'm gonna sell my GH3 and get an EM1, so at least the functionality will still be there.