1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

PC Sync connectors help / info

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Mark0, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Mark0

Mark0 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Near Venice, Italy
    Hi There.

I got a Triggertrap v1, a Nissin 466 flash and wanted to try some hi-speed flash photography.

So, from eBay I ordered a PC Sync to (dual) hot shoe adapter, and a jack to PC Sync cable. Now the last piece arrived, the cable, and it doesn't go in the PC Sync socket of the hot shoe adapter.

Here are the two objects:

eBay - 3.5mm-Male FLASH PC Sync Cable for Trigger Transmitter

eBay - PR-02 Studio Flash Speedlite Trigger 3.5mm PC Sync Port To Dual Hot Shoe Adapter

Here's a quick collage of the two relevant parts:

lUfRSHb.

What I'm missing? Are there various PC Sync variant around? Different sizes maybe?
    What kind of connector I need to go in that socket?

Many thanks!

2. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    The hot shoe adapter DOES NOT have a PC socket, which is a very specific type of connector. It has a 3.5mm Phone jack. The cord you indicate has a 3.5mm Phone plug on one end that should fit the hot shoe adapter. The other end of the cord has a Nikon-esqe variant of a PC Plug which should fit most standard PC sockets and has the screw down lock collar used by Nikon and copied be some other manufacturers.

I'm not familiar with the Triggertrap, but a quick look at the pix on Amazon leads me to believe that it uses a 3.5mm Phone jack for the connecting cord. If correct, then you need a cord with a 3.5mm Phone plug on both ends.

3. Mark0

Mark0 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Near Venice, Italy
    Thanks, all clear now!