Paypal not working?? Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ohaya, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ohaya

ohaya Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    Hi,

I was just trying to make a payment using Paypal, and it looked like it went through, but nothing is showing on my activity. I thought the 1st time was a fluke so I tried again, and the same thing happened. At this point, I think I either paid twice, or not at all.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
    Jim

2. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    Yes!

Ebay claims two payments have been made to me but I haven't had the paypal emails and they aren't showing in my paypal account yet.

3. ohaya

ohaya Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    Ok, thanks. I guess that's better than if they went into "never-never land" :)!!

Let's wait. Once you are sure you have the 2 payments can you PP $70 back to me? My Paypal address is:

jimlum1@yahoo.com

Sorry about this mess, even though it's not my fault :(!!!

Thanks,
    Jim

4. SVENS1

SVENS1 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2013
    Canada
    You didn't log in thru an email sent to you by Paypal did you. There have been a lot of scam mails that appear to have come from PP these days.
    If you click the link, takes you to a look a like log-in page. If you log in, the scammer just stole your log in info, they do, log into PP and re-direct you
    to you account, so it looks like nothing out of the ordinary........................Never log-in thru links sent in an email PP.

If you do a bunch of PP transactions a week buying and selling. It's very easy to fall for those You have Money PayPal emails that are scams.

5. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    Aaron
    I made a transaction that took a number of hours to show up today. Having just checked my account it seems like it went through finally...

6. ohaya

ohaya Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    Hi,

No, it wasn't a link that came in email - I went directly to Paypal to pay for a camera I'm buying via this forum.

I think it's just slow today...

7. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    One just came through..... still waiting for the other.

8. ohaya

ohaya Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    I just got two emails saying the payments I had sent had been sent and they appear in my Paypal now... This happened while I was waiting on the phone to talki to Paypal CS :)...

9. SVENS1

SVENS1 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2013
    Canada
    Delay in showing up in your PP account does happen. PP clearly states this after processing some transactions it can take some time before
    actually showing up in your account. Happens to me me. But, at the same time, check your ebay account, it will show you just made the payment.

10. ohaya

ohaya Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    FYI - these "payments" weren't for an Ebay purchase, but rather was/were (the 2nd one was because I thought the 1st one failed) for purchase on the buy&sell here on this forum :)...