1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Past glory meets E-PL3

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Pim, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Received my E-PL3 last week, and took it out today for some pictures of the old Philips factories in my hometown. Production has moved east and they are being converted to apartments. I made these with the grainy B&W art filter, which seemed appropriate for these surroundings...:) 

All pictures taken with the 2 kit lenses (14-42 and 40-150), and most while using the tilt screen. I did not think much of this feature at first (and really only chose this camera over the Mini due to the external controls), but I have to say having used it I like this a lot. Hope they implement this in future models as well.

Anyway, these are my first pictures that I am posting on this website, hope they come across OK. Thanks for watching..:) !

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome aboard Pim. Very very nice images and B&W conversions ... it is apparent you are no neophyte to photography. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Gary

3. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Thanks Gary..:)  No I have been interested in photography for many years, used to be an SLR user (Nikon D300 with assorted lenses), but found I was using it less and less simply because I no longer wanted to carry 3-4 kilos on every trip.

So I switched to M43 several months ago (Oly E-PL2), but due a long story I left my camera in the US at a friends place during a trip, and decided I did not want to wait till I got it back, so purchased the E-PL3 recently... so far I am pretty impressed with this little camera...:) .

4. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Added some colour ones from the same shoot... The graffiti was too colourful to pass up..:)  As with the B&W ones all are out of camera Jpegs, these ones with the dramatic tone filter (just trying these filters out, they are pretty nice to play with).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Very well done series, thanks for sharing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.