Past glory meets E-PL3

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Pim, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Received my E-PL3 last week, and took it out today for some pictures of the old Philips factories in my hometown. Production has moved east and they are being converted to apartments. I made these with the grainy B&W art filter, which seemed appropriate for these surroundings...:)

All pictures taken with the 2 kit lenses (14-42 and 40-150), and most while using the tilt screen. I did not think much of this feature at first (and really only chose this camera over the Mini due to the external controls), but I have to say having used it I like this a lot. Hope they implement this in future models as well.

Anyway, these are my first pictures that I am posting on this website, hope they come across OK. Thanks for watching..:)!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome aboard Pim. Very very nice images and B&W conversions ... it is apparent you are no neophyte to photography. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Gary

3. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Thanks Gary..:) No I have been interested in photography for many years, used to be an SLR user (Nikon D300 with assorted lenses), but found I was using it less and less simply because I no longer wanted to carry 3-4 kilos on every trip.

So I switched to M43 several months ago (Oly E-PL2), but due a long story I left my camera in the US at a friends place during a trip, and decided I did not want to wait till I got it back, so purchased the E-PL3 recently... so far I am pretty impressed with this little camera...:).

4. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Added some colour ones from the same shoot... The graffiti was too colourful to pass up..:) As with the B&W ones all are out of camera Jpegs, these ones with the dramatic tone filter (just trying these filters out, they are pretty nice to play with).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Very well done series, thanks for sharing!