Passion Fruit Wasp

Discussion in 'Nature' started by MarkB1, Nov 27, 2012.

1. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010
    Australia
    There isn't really one ... But on the Passion Fruit Vine I found this wasp one morning, looking for breakfast. Slowly enough to get a few pix.

p1030443-mark-berkery-001.

p1030424-mark-berkery.

p1030435-mark-berkery.

p1030439-mark-berkery.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 26
  2. Peter de Graaf

Peter de Graaf Mu-43 Regular

Oct 29, 2012
    Netherlands, Maasland
    great... interesting ... beautiful photo's

3. rnagoda

rnagoda Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Robert
    Nice. What's the setup used here?

4. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Excellent images!! What's the camera and lens? Any flash?

5. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010
    Australia
    Thanks guys, always flash, diffused and snooted and diffused again. Exif is in the file. I use the Pany FZ50 and G1 with achromats.

The WD is about two inches so I hold what the creature is on and aim for an angle to optimise dof, doesn't always work, especially when they are moving.

6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Another intriguing macro from you Mark. It would be interesting to have a macro challenge in the future I reckon.

7. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Not much of a challenge really....coz Mark would kick our butts !! :wink:

8. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    We can set him an handicap. :smile:

9. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010
    Australia
    Butt kicker? Hah, raising the bar is all, my own first. And I think I can't go any further with present gear, the old FZ50 and G1. The 50 gets more use because of the internally zooming lens and relatively decent AF - maybe Pany will eventually come out with a real successor to the FZ50.

BTW, let me know if you start a macro challenge thread and I'll come and kick some butt. :) Or get kicked ...

I used to teach macro/meditation (because med enables the other) in Brisbane but you really need to put in the time and not many want to 'really' do that. I was also getting most attendees from a local forum until two mods complained my work didn't need criticism therefore I was too good for the forum, as if the forum existed only for the formulation of criticism. Really!

Would be funny but people then stopped commenting on my stuff and I stopped posting there, except to say 'goodbye'.

Anyway, the second link in my sig is my non tech rundown on my approach and I am always pleased to help anyone improve, but you have to 'really' want to ... :)

It's a passion.

• Like Like x 1