1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Passion Fruit Wasp

Discussion in 'Nature' started by MarkB1, Nov 27, 2012.

1. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010
    Australia
    There isn't really one ... But on the Passion Fruit Vine I found this wasp one morning, looking for breakfast. Slowly enough to get a few pix.

p1030443-mark-berkery-001.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p1030424-mark-berkery.jpg

p1030435-mark-berkery.jpg

p1030439-mark-berkery.jpg

p1030441-mark-berkery-001.jpg

• Like Like x 26
  2. Peter de Graaf

Peter de Graaf Mu-43 Regular

Oct 29, 2012
    Netherlands, Maasland
    great... interesting ... beautiful photo's

3. rnagoda

rnagoda Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Robert
    Nice. What's the setup used here?

4. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Excellent images!! What's the camera and lens? Any flash?

5. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010
    Australia
    Thanks guys, always flash, diffused and snooted and diffused again. Exif is in the file. I use the Pany FZ50 and G1 with achromats.

The WD is about two inches so I hold what the creature is on and aim for an angle to optimise dof, doesn't always work, especially when they are moving.

6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Another intriguing macro from you Mark. It would be interesting to have a macro challenge in the future I reckon.

7. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Not much of a challenge really....coz Mark would kick our butts !! :wink:

8. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    We can set him an handicap. :smile:

9. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010
    Australia
    Butt kicker? Hah, raising the bar is all, my own first. And I think I can't go any further with present gear, the old FZ50 and G1. The 50 gets more use because of the internally zooming lens and relatively decent AF - maybe Pany will eventually come out with a real successor to the FZ50.

BTW, let me know if you start a macro challenge thread and I'll come and kick some butt. :)  Or get kicked ...

I used to teach macro/meditation (because med enables the other) in Brisbane but you really need to put in the time and not many want to 'really' do that. I was also getting most attendees from a local forum until two mods complained my work didn't need criticism therefore I was too good for the forum, as if the forum existed only for the formulation of criticism. Really!

Would be funny but people then stopped commenting on my stuff and I stopped posting there, except to say 'goodbye'.

Anyway, the second link in my sig is my non tech rundown on my approach and I am always pleased to help anyone improve, but you have to 'really' want to ... :) 

It's a passion.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.