Park in the Park, captured with my E-PL1..

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by littleMT, Jun 1, 2012.

1. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    It was cloudly, and rain threatened, but never happened.

I got wide and freaky with the 14mm lens, this little pancake packs a big
    wallop.... Everybody around me had some big DSLR gear of some sort,
    as I happily fired shot after shot after shot with my tiny Olympus...

I have owned Canons, Kodacks, Sonys, Nikon, and I would put the color
    of the E-PL1's against any of them.

This little camera is a image making machine, in spite of all it's short comings.... the LCD sucks, camera is slow, lack of controls really blows,
    but the output, and with minimal post processing, as with the E-PL1, I only
    shoot jpeg...makes it worth it, a camera that can be had for a song..

cabe-1.

cabe-2.

cabe-3.

cabe-4.

cabe-5.

cabe-6.

cabe-7.

cabe-8.

cabe-9.

cabe-10.

cabe-12.

cabe-14.

cabe-15.

cabe-17.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Cath59

Cath59 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 29, 2012
    Uk
    I love these shots!

3. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    It will be really interesting to hear what you think of the E-M5 when you get yours. Obviously the E-M5 will be much easier to shoot with (great EVF, touch screen focus, great image stabilization, etc) but the big question is: will you be able to get jpegs that have as good or better image brightness, detail and color as your E-PL1?

4. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    would have loved to have had the E-M5 here, as the tilt screen would have made all this much easier, as you can see, I prefer a low and close angle with a car, and without a tilt screen you have to do some bending to see what is going on, and then you have to deal with the poor quality lcd screen on the E-PL1.

the 14mm lenses is a essential lens and should be in everybodys bag, especially when they are had for $160 bucks on Ebay.

this lens allowed me to get many shots, as I could get close to the cars, allowing spectators to walk behind me, and I love the angles it gives.

shooting at a public show like this is diffulcult, because of the crowds walking around, and composition is tough as cars are just parked all over, but the E-PL1, short comings and all, is fun to shoot with. I hope with the E-M5, I can improve my skills, hopefully the added functionality helps me grow.

some of the locals have used some of my shots for those board presentation things used at car shows, the 16 megapixel E-M5 will be much better for the larger images required for these things. I am excited about that camera, if I can ever find one...but doubt I'll ever sell my crappy E-PL1, in fact, it is so crappy, I bought a 2nd E-PL1 body! :rofl:

Lucille

5. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    You mention that you shoot JPEG with the E-PL1. Are all these SOOC or do you do a little PP to the JPEG files? The color and contrast are really fantastic.

6. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    I of course resize, sometimes I sharpen, but find I usually don't have to.
    I do tinker with brightness and contrast.

My E-PL1 is set to Vivid.

7. zammer

zammer Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Very nice pics, that little lens sure allows some great shots, love the bug pic .