1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Paradigm Shift...

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Uncle Frank, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    Two years ago I was a Nikon Fanatic. Now I find myself shooting an Olympus camera, equipped with lenses made by Olympus, Panasonic, Sigma, and Rokinon. I'm about to head North for Xmas with an ultra-light 5 lens kit that's every bit as capable as a kit of my beloved Nikkors.

Going Native
    PC190005%20mr.

Nikon began introducing DX lenses in 2003, and we believed it would result in much smaller, more affordable lenses. It didn't happen, but u4/3 has delivered on that promise.

• Like Like x 8
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Something in the photo for a sense of scale would be nice!

3. scott2hot

scott2hot Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2012
    west yorkshire
    scott
    Hey Frank
    You stolen my collection?...this is exactly the lens collection i have minus the 7.5.
    I too spent a lot of cash at nikon and most lenses i had just seemed to be not quite right on focus / sharpness.....as a total amateur I was too afraid to mess with focus calibration....dont get me wrong i got some ok by my opinion shots , but M4/3 with the contrast detect just seem to nail more keepers for me (as you can tell by my posts...not very good , But to me they are true to what i feel and experience at that moment) now i'm content with my gear (gas gone)otherwise wife would beat me to death with the switch back to DSLR...and we all know they are bigger and heavier!! Just going to have some fun learning how to compose and shoot better now.

Merry christmas
    Regards
    Scott.

• Like Like x 1
  4. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    Exactly the reason why I switched from Nikon to M43; small primes... My 5 lens + body bag weights less then my Nikon 2 zoom +body bag, and more than doubles the perspective range.

• Like Like x 1
  5. scott2hot

scott2hot Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2012
    west yorkshire
    scott
    this image confirms it!

:eek:This was my nikon d7000/sigma 28 f1.8 set up for virtually identical output to E P5 with 20mm
    taken from camerasize comparison...funny thing is it sure felt /looked and weighed heavier....Nuff said!