1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pany M4/3 Camera and lens Price watch

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by BillN, Feb 8, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    I thought that it would be useful to member if we had a price watch thread

Post any current deals you see here - please state which country

I'll start it off

G1 Camera with Lumix G Vario 14-45mm - UK - £400, (after £50 cash back), plus post - here

Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm f4-5.6 = £230 - same seller

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Similar deal by Castle Cameras here, includes 3 years warranty to end of January - maybe worth checking whether it's still available.

Cheers

Brian

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    from time to time Panasonic offer a discount code, (last time it was/is 25%), off stuff on the eshop site - It is worth searching this code out and comparing prices

Also I think that the Panasonic "cash back" is now £50 off the G1
    It was £30 up to the end of January, (note: I am still waiting for my £30 from a mid January purchase) - again worth keeping "cash backs" in mind as they are supposedly only "offered" from Panasonic Authorised dealers - dealers seem to have increased prices by £20 to take this into account

Also warranties - sometimes 1 year - sometimes 3 years

I have not seen any "grey imports" being offered for sale on the net - all stuff on offer seems to be genuine "UK products"

UK prices, UK stock from Panasonic UK, seem to be the cheapest in Europe - probably because of the weak £

4. pointoneeight

pointoneeight Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    I get this code through my works corporate perks package from time to time, its how I bought my GF1 and a 14-140. Though they are list price the discount saves you a considerable amount even against the most competitive online sellers. Its still 25% but the code isn't working for some reason at the moment, its done this before in the past and usually signals a change in code.

5. Lichensa

Lichensa New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2010
    Nikon digital camera's 52mm front glass lens from dust and scratches with ... Protects your cameras lens from scratches dust dirt moisture.

6. kwaphoto

kwaphoto Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Colorado, USA
    As I've posted elsewhere, if you work for a medium to large corp, check and see if you have an employee perks program that included Panasonic. Get ready for this....

I was able to pick up the GF-1 + 20 f/1.7 as a kit from Panasonic direct for....wait for it, wait, wait.....$675 :2thumbs:

I was debating this vs the EP-2, the price sealed the deal!

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

It is always worth checking the deals here.