1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pany M4/3 Camera and lens Price watch

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by BillN, Feb 8, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    I thought that it would be useful to member if we had a price watch thread

Post any current deals you see here - please state which country

I'll start it off

G1 Camera with Lumix G Vario 14-45mm - UK - £400, (after £50 cash back), plus post - here

Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm f4-5.6 = £230 - same seller

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Similar deal by Castle Cameras here, includes 3 years warranty to end of January - maybe worth checking whether it's still available.

Cheers

Brian

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    from time to time Panasonic offer a discount code, (last time it was/is 25%), off stuff on the eshop site - It is worth searching this code out and comparing prices

Also I think that the Panasonic "cash back" is now £50 off the G1
    It was £30 up to the end of January, (note: I am still waiting for my £30 from a mid January purchase) - again worth keeping "cash backs" in mind as they are supposedly only "offered" from Panasonic Authorised dealers - dealers seem to have increased prices by £20 to take this into account

Also warranties - sometimes 1 year - sometimes 3 years

I have not seen any "grey imports" being offered for sale on the net - all stuff on offer seems to be genuine "UK products"

UK prices, UK stock from Panasonic UK, seem to be the cheapest in Europe - probably because of the weak £

4. pointoneeight

pointoneeight Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    I get this code through my works corporate perks package from time to time, its how I bought my GF1 and a 14-140. Though they are list price the discount saves you a considerable amount even against the most competitive online sellers. Its still 25% but the code isn't working for some reason at the moment, its done this before in the past and usually signals a change in code.

5. Lichensa

Lichensa New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2010
    Nikon digital camera's 52mm front glass lens from dust and scratches with ... Protects your cameras lens from scratches dust dirt moisture.

6. kwaphoto

kwaphoto Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Colorado, USA
    As I've posted elsewhere, if you work for a medium to large corp, check and see if you have an employee perks program that included Panasonic. Get ready for this....

I was able to pick up the GF-1 + 20 f/1.7 as a kit from Panasonic direct for....wait for it, wait, wait.....$675 :2thumbs:

I was debating this vs the EP-2, the price sealed the deal!

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

It is always worth checking the deals here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.