Pany Leica 25mm, weather sealed?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by recoverelapse, Dec 17, 2012.

1. recoverelapse

recoverelapse New to Mu-43

Dec 7, 2012
    I just shot at pretty low temperatures today (around 12F and lower) which caused the lens to have condensation when I moved to a warmer spot. Do these lens have any sort of weather sealing? I'm afraid that I might have f'ed up my lens.
  2. kchau

kchau Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2012
    Nope, I wish.
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    I would bet that the lens would be O.K. once it's dried out completely. I keep a ZipLoc bag in my kit and when moving from cold to warm I put the gear in the bag, squeeze out the air, zip it and allow the camera to come to room temperature before opening the bag. I don't do much cold weather shooting but I've used the baggie trick for years and have never had a problem.

4. gotak

gotak Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2012
    Weather sealing isn't air tight sealing anyhow. So even weather sealed lenses can fog up inside and out under the right circumstances. Usually not enough water to make that much of a difference. Put them in a box with some silica gel if you are worried.
  5. cherrywood

cherrywood Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2010
    Zip Lok Bags

+1 what Jim said, I always take the Zip Lok Bag with me too, works a treat.
  6. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    I live in Qld Australia and sometimes humidity can become very high. I have invested in a dehumidifying cabinet to keep my gear safe. Well worth the expense and worth looking into.