Pany 25mm f1.4, not only AF but Self-Focussing.

Dave in Wales

Mu-43 All-Pro
Just took delivery of the fabulous 25mm, stuck it on the front of my GH2 to try it out and to my amazement it's Self-Focusing.

I could not believe what I was seeing, with my finger no where near the shutter button the image came slowly into focus all on it's own.....Spooky

I tried it several times from the horizon to close up and it focused itself :eek:

Pressing the shutter button finishes the shot, green square lights up and the beeper goes.

This only happened with my GH2 and not my G3.

Is this a well known feature of the 25mm/GH2 or have I stumbled onto something.

I've just tried it again, and yes it's SF.

Dave

Neon

Mu-43 Regular
Not sure I get this as you will have to press the button to take the shot ?
So why would this be an advantage ?

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
I think you have the GH-2 set to C-AF (continuous Auto focus) and the G3 set to S-AF

It will work that way with any lens.

Dc5e

Mu-43 Regular
Just took delivery of the fabulous 25mm, stuck it on the front of my GH2 to try it out and to my amazement it's Self-Focusing.

I could not believe what I was seeing, with my finger no where near the shutter button the image came slowly into focus all on it's own.....Spooky

I tried it several times from the horizon to close up and it focused itself :eek:

Pressing the shutter button finishes the shot, green square lights up and the beeper goes.

This only happened with my GH2 and not my G3.

Is this a well known feature of the 25mm/GH2 or have I stumbled onto something.

I've just tried it again, and yes it's SF.

Dave

There's a feature called Quick AF (at least in my GF2, it's probably there for all of the other panasonic cameras as well). It'll automatically focus every once in awhile if it detects that whatever it is pointed at is out of focus.

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
slith said:
This focus mode is also called the: "I-hope-you-have-a-spare-set-of-batteries-mode"...

Lol! Too funny!
I wonder if my ep3 has this... I do have 9 batteries for it... It would give me a reason to have so many then! Lol!

- Eliot

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
Lol! Too funny!
I wonder if my ep3 has this... I do have 9 batteries for it... It would give me a reason to have so many then! Lol!

- Eliot

NINE??? That's awesome! Were you shooting Oly E410/420/620 before m4/3's?

Latest threads

Top Bottom