1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Pany 20mm f1.7 & lens converters???

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Lumixy, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Lumixy

Lumixy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    At the moment I have 2 lenses on my GF1 (20mm f1.7 & 45-200mm).

I was considering buying a fish eye lens but scrapped that idea as I am not too flush with cash right now. I came across a couple of converters for the 20mm (wide angle/fish eye lenses). I like the idea of extending the usability of the 20mm with these converters.

For example, the Panasonic DMW-LW46E Wide angle conversion lens (designed for LX3 I think):
    Digital Camera - Lenses & Filters - DMW-LW46E - Specification - Panasonic UK & Ireland

I came across the thread below on another forum while ''Googleing'' for lens converters. Other users might find it beneficial if they are considering like me to use converters.
    Panasonic 20mm Pancake lens + wide angle converter. How Good?

Have any other people on the forum had experience using these converters on their 20mm lenses? Would be great to hear peoples opinions or see some pictures taken with them.

2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    https://www.mu-43.com/f51/fisheye-lens-fisheye-converter-17059/

Your 20mm isn't very wide, so while you'll get the fisheye look, it won't really be very wide photos. You'd be better off with just a used 14mm, with the fisheye look done in post-processing, for that price. Heck, for relatively not much more, you can just get the Samyang fisheye. I'm seeing it on ebay UK, from UK sellers, for 240 with free shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lumixy

Lumixy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    I think you are right Shnitz... Instead of 'mickey mousing' around with lens converters I should just bite the bullet and buy the Samyang fisheye. I had previously thought about buying it and had a close look at other threads and the image gallery for that lens. It gives some very good results. I guess I should save up a few quid and go for the Samyang. Thank you for your help :2thumbs:

4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Plus it's kinda sketchy it mount something so heavy, because you risk burning out your focusing motor

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App