1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pany 12-35mm f2.8 - advice needed

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by briloop, Mar 12, 2013.

1. briloop

briloop Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Mount Juliet, TN
    I'm renting the Pany 12-35mm f2.8 this weekend to see if it's worth buying. I will be using it at a 3-hour studio shoot on my OM-D E-M5.

My current lens line-up includes the Oly 12-50 and the Oly 40-150.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks

2. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    I use the 12-35mm for doing studio shooting. My personal reasons are that I have a smaller studio with not too much room to back up and move forward, so the zoom is quick and useful for going from full-length to 3/4 to head-and-shoulders shots quickly and effortlessly. This combined with the fact that I have my models move around quite a bit makes the zoom very useful to me. Since my background is plain, I use it at what I feel is at its optimal aperture (around f/6.3) for all-around biting sharpness. Your needs may vary, but overall you should be very pleased with this lens!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.