1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panos and bracketing

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by judystowell, Feb 12, 2015.

1. judystowell

judystowell Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    Question - when you shoot a pano, and have done a 3-bracket shot for each image, which do you process first - the bracketed shots one by one, or all of the -2's together, then the 0's together, then the +2's together. And why?
    Thanks!

2. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Depends why I did the bracket, for me most of the time it's for HDR use so they are processed as a set. If it's because of a tricky lighting situation then I go with whichever one looks the best on preview first.

If shooting for a panorama then you will obviosly have to keep them all the same or it will be very obvious that the exposures varied but other than that it's down to how each set look as to which you use and why you would use one over the other.

No real rule that says you have to do it any way other than what you want to do though. Same as how many brackets and how far apart each shot should be. I often do 7 shots a stop Appart just to give plenty to work with as unlike in the film days it cost nothing to experiment.

Paul