1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panorama with G3

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by xellz, Aug 3, 2012.

1. xellz

xellz Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 1, 2012
    Japan
    Oleg
    First attempt at panorama with a G3. About 3 years i did one more, but with 40d and since then didn't touch it all. I think i'll use this method more often from now on.

Original size 14083x4031 pixels.

pano01.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Looks great, can't wait to see more.:thumbup:

3. xellz

xellz Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 1, 2012
    Japan
    Oleg
    Thanks, i'm planning on going soon to one high spot in evening, where you can see well Nagasaki harbor. Never was there before, but hope will be an opportunity to take a pano or at least a good shot of harbor at night/late evening. Currently using only bicycle for my transportation, about 20km from my place, good exercise :biggrin:

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Good for you - that's farther than I could ride these days. I think a night pano would be very interesting, I'll watch for it. :biggrin:

5. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    This looks really well done. Did you take several shots from a tripod and stitch and overlay them manually in photoshop or did you use special equipment or software? I've wanted to try pano's but whenever I think of it, I never have a tripod handy.

6. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Tripods are not necessary. Helpful, especially if you want to be precise. But as long as you keep the camera in basically the same position, handheld panos work great. Just use auomated stitching software -- Hugin and Microsoft ICE are both great.