panorama shots on epl1

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by PENpal, Mar 1, 2012.

1. PENpal

PENpal Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    I don't seem to get it right reading the EPL1 manual's step by step instructions in doing panorama shots. Is it me? Help!
  2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    What is not happening for you in the way you expect?

You select panorama when in scene mode, and that's about it - you get some frame markers. It's as easy to do it manually.
    You have to stitch photos together on your computer.
    It's possible that the Olympus software recognises panorama mode pictures in a special way that I'm not aware of.
  3. PENpal

PENpal Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    So its the computer program that does the photo stitching? I use iphoto and I don't think the version I have has the capability...will try. Thanks!
  4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Photo stitching is what you do on your computer. Some Fancy cameras have the function built in but you have way more control doing it on your computer.

On my MacBook I use an app called 'Double Take' and it works great. Drag the images in and the app and it will align the pictures. You have different adjustments you can make but generally it gets it right everytime.

Sent from my iPhone
  5. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Try using Hugin. It's open source, so it's free. And it's got a bazillion features. You can HDR and panostitch at the same time with it.
  6. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    I used the Olympus Viewer 2 software and it worked fine for panorama shots taken with the E-pl3.
  7. PENpal

PENpal Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Thank you all, will work on it over the weekend.