1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panorama Even Cheaper

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by JoeG, May 26, 2010.

1. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

I took Herman's advice and tried Microsoft Ice--a free downloadable panorama program. It works! I put the camera atop a deck post and swiveled it horizontally. The final image is based on three originals, but it stitched without memory problems. The seams are visible, but you have to blow the photo up and really look for them. At any rate, it worked better for me than Serif PanoramaPro, and it's free.

Thanks, Herman!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

That's not a bad result for a freebie. There is quite an exposure range between the shadows on the left and the sun in the centre shot - not an easy situation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CalebPhotographer

CalebPhotographer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Florida
    I'm late to the party, but what's wrong with "Olympus Master 2"?
    It's free and included on a CD with the camera.

4. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

Olympus Master is probably excellent, but I've got a Panasonic G1.

5. CalebPhotographer

CalebPhotographer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Florida
    I should have seen that. I'm sorry.

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Joe ! Congrats on your pano ! Thanks for your posting. Great to hear it works fine. Acc to me you can upload at no cost at a microsoft site. Not sure, got you take a look into it. How long did it take to create the stitched pano on your computer?

7. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Panos are fun Joe .. looks good

The G1 CD comes with Pany stitching software that works quite well too

• Like Like x 1
  8. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

Herman, it's a free download and takes no time at all. You don't pick out corresponding details or anything like that. You just load the pics and sit back as the program does the work. My three originals were stitched as you see them in about a half a minute. A friend of mine who lives on the beach loaded the program and stitched a number of originals he hand held some time back. They came out beautifully.

And thanks, Boyzo. I was afraid I was overlooking something in Silkypix or the Panasonic software. I'll go back and check that too. I'd just as soon avoid Microsoft products, even when they're free.