1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pano mount to take little planet photos?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by akelu, Nov 14, 2014.

1. akelu

akelu New to Mu-43

Nov 14, 2014
    Hi guys

I have an EM-1 and a samyang 7.5mm fisheye which is a very popular lens for doing pano shots

I bought a ultralight pano mount specifically for this lens/mft however i later found out that the em-1 is not supported (Doesnt fit right).

So i'm basically looking for some hardware that will allow me to easily take pano shots which i can convert into little planet photos.

The bit where the sky/floor has some glitches from the process, i would love to be able to easily fix those, i forgot what they are called.

I have done lots of research trying to find something but its so confusing and i havent had much luck.

If anyone can suggest a setup that is easy to use to make little planet photos it would be very grateful. (cheap would but nice but easy/good quality is my priority)

Thanks guys

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    You don't need a fisheye lens or a pano mount to make little planet photos. You don't even need a tripod if you concentrate hard. But a tripod will help. A fisheye will let you do it while taking less photos, but it will reduce the quality you can get (less pixels).

All you need to do is take a sequence of photos each with an overlap of 30%, turning around until you get back to where you started.
    It is important that you have the camera exactly level, so the horizon is half way up the picture.
    Next step is to stitch the photos together so you have a 360 degree panorama.
    The final step is the polar conversion.

This link has a complete tutorial:
    http://www.photographymad.com/pages/view/little-planet-photos-5-simple-steps-to-making-panorama-worlds

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2