1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panny lenses are difficult to attach to my E-M10. Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by colbycheese, Jul 8, 2015.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    I have noticed since getting my E-M10 is that mounting my panasonic 20 and 25 is very difficult. The lens has a very tight fit on the camera mount. When attaching adapters, it is much less stiff, and easy enough for me to take off. However taking off and mounting the 20 and 25mm is becoming so difficult that i need to hold something grippy in my hand to help attach the lens. Does anyone else have this issue and does anyone know what the cause is? Thank you

2. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    UK
    I find the mount to be tighter than my other m43, but not so much to cause me any real concern. There have been other posts on this forum about the issue too.

3. cyrax83

cyrax83 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    I've found the Olympus 45mm also a pretty tight fit on my E-M1

4. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

The P25 is pretty tight on my EM1... So much so that I wonder if I'm damaging the mount when I connect it...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  5. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    I think it's not an Oly/Pana difference, it's just random matching of mount and lenses tolerances. My P20 fits fine, the O60 is very hard.

Try with body oil: rub a finger on the side of your nose and use it as a lubricant on the lens and mount metal rings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MadMarco

MadMarco Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Guildford, England
    I found the E-M10 mount to be very tight when I first got it.

It's loosened off a bit with use and a fair few lens changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    My P25 seems to fit well (not too tight) on my E-M10

8. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    My P20 fits extremely tight on my E-M10. The lens seems to work OK. Until I read this I thought something was wrong with the lens which I purchased it used. I should mention that the Oly f1.8, 45mm, which like the Pan 20 has a metal mount, also fits a bit snugly while my 14-42 and 40-150 kit lenses which have plastic mounts fit as one would expect.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  9. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    My O25/1.8, O45/1.8 and O60/2.8 all fit the same and as they should. Not too tight, not too loose.

10. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    I've heard of the E-M10 generally having a stiff mount. Might be a tolerance thing with that specific camera model.

11. RAH

RAH Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 1, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Rich
    My new Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye lens is very tight on my new E-M10 - much tighter than the kit lens. I hope it loosens up.

12. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    My Samyang (it's the same, isn't it?) screws on politely to the E-M10. It's 1,5 years old.

13. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    The tight fit of lenses with a metal mount appears to be due to a combination of materials, finish and tolerances. I have an EM10 and the mount appears to be chrome plated brass and does not have a fine surface finish. This makes for high friction with a metal mount lens. (My 17/1.8 lens looks like it has very finely machined, high silica content aluminum alloy mount.) My EM1 and EM5 look like they have stainless steel mounts with a much finer (lower RMS) finish. Lenses mount much easier to these cameras. The fact that some people have real problems mounting lenses to a body, but other people with the same body/lens combination don't, suggests tolerances issues.

14. jcm5

jcm5 Mu-43 Veteran

May 12, 2014
    USA
    Never had any issues with my EM10 with the 20 or 25. The tip about body oil is tried and true if you search the web

15. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    This is the lens that i was having the most trouble mounting. I knew it must be the camera because it mounted ok to my G3

16. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Yes it's fine on the older well used mount on the G3 but tighter on on the brand new E-M10, not surprising. Had the issue on a couple of lenses. One copy of a 12-50 most notably. Oil from the side of my nose helped a good bit.