Panny Leica lens groove cover

Lhepburn

New to Mu-43
Love my panny/leica lenses but I tend not to use my lens hoods that often, so I was wondering...
Can someone point me to a link that sells finishing rings that screw on the grooves of the lens where the lens hood would normally screw on? I know its just a vanity thing but Im proud of my m43 system and would like to make my lenses look finished instead of showing the grooves for the lens hood. Thanks for your help in advanced :)

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
Love my panny/leica lenses but I tend not to use my lens hoods that often, so I was wondering...
Can someone point me to a link that sells finishing rings that screw on the grooves of the lens where the lens hood would normally screw on? I know its just a vanity thing but Im proud of my m43 system and would like to make my lenses look finished instead of showing the grooves for the lens hood. Thanks for your help in advanced :)
A decorative ring came with my PL15/1.7.
So maybe Panasonic sells replacement rings.

Lhepburn

New to Mu-43
Thanks 4 replying ...yeh thats the only lens i have that has it...panny doesnt seem to sell anything on its site, Ive looked all around online but to no avail

jbruce

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
John

Perhaps you could buy a cheap 3rd party hood and saw and sand off what you don't need, or have a machinist friend chuck it in metal lathe and remove the excess material --don't laugh guys; as a former machinist, I could imagine it would not be much of a job to perform. John

Lhepburn

New to Mu-43
Im not laughing,thanks for the suggestions, but im sure there must be a company making these decoration rings already.

tkbslc

Super Moderator
Im not laughing,thanks for the suggestions, but im sure there must be a company making these decoration rings already.
I don't think there is. It's a smaller than niche market so they'd have to charge a mint for each one if so.

The 25mm 1.4, 8-18, 35-100 2.8,100-300mkii ,and 12-35 2.8
Sadly, I do not think any of those shipped with decoration rings and they are not offered.

Lhepburn

New to Mu-43
Ok Im not here to discuss styles of shooting because we are all unique in our preferences, just hoping somebody out there would be kind enough to provide an answer- it seems like such a simple thing.

tkbslc

Super Moderator
Personally, I wouldn't use any of my lenses without a hood and I often wonder why I see Japanese tourists and pro event photographers walking around with 2k+ lenses with the hoods on but reversed? They're provided (or not) for a reason, but each to his own I guess.
I just leave mine in the box. The rare situations where they would help are easily overcome with a minor angle adjustment or hand shade. Not worth adding so much bulk to my lenses.

Lhepburn

New to Mu-43
I just leave mine in the box. The rare situations where they would help are easily overcome with a minor angle adjustment or hand shade. Not worth adding so much bulk to my lenses.
Me too-again to each his own,but I prefer shooting without, thats why it puzzles me why there are no decoration rings available because I know we are not the only ones that don't use hoods.

tkbslc

Super Moderator
I don't think one could be made that would make the 35-100mm look better, for example. The threads are as fat as the barrel so it wouldn't give a clean look.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom