Panny GX1 successor to be accounced in August...

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by twokatmew, May 21, 2013.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    I'm probably just projecting, but I took the ”43rumors people will like it for sure“ comment to suggest that it will have a built-in viewfinder, since the lack of a VF has been a common refrain on that site with regards the E-P5.
  2. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    According to it WILL have a built in EVF
    The Panasonic GX2 will have a built in EVF
  3. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    I'd be surprised. That would mean they are totally giving up on the smaller no vf form factor in a nicer body when Olympus has 3 different models of that type. I would be more likely to believe it if Gf6 had a hot shoe for a Vf.
    I think they are saving the rangefinder with Vf model for a more high end pricey new model.
  4. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    Or...with the aid of magical unicorn dust they are able to shrink the VF so the GX2 body retains the same size as the GX1!!

But in actuality, I think a somewhat larger body with built-in VF is doable, maybe they take out the built-in flash, use slightly lower-spec'ed VF, etc. Actually, look at the x100- it has 2 viewfinders in one, in a pretty compact body.
  5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Actually, you think someone would try this just for the sake of variety. It makes sense for Panasonic as a counterpoint to Olympus.
  6. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    X100 is significantly chunkier than gx1. But anyway , I am just saying that for the sake of differentiation they are likely to continue with Gx or another line as something for people who don't care for a viewfinder , don't want to pay a premium for it built-in, but still want something with more controls and better build than current GF line. Maybe i am wrong , I don't know, I am sure Panasonic does their research on this.
  7. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I don't see why the body would have to be bigger. Sony manages to put a EVF in a NEX 6/7 which are smaller than the GX1.
  8. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer