Panny 45-200 for $100 at best buy

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by nuclearboy, Sep 3, 2013.

1. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
  2. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    This is the first time EVER that I've gotten a best buy deal that was available for local pick up! Normally the closest one is 800+ miles away.

3. DeoreDX

DeoreDX Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    Alabama
    I wonder if is is some sort of computer error or did they just receive a huge shipment of lenses? Seems odd since Best Buy does not carry mu43 cameras any more for them to get a big supply in of lenses when they are clearancing everything. Every Best Buy around me is showing in stock. Will be curious if I actually ever get a pickup email.

4. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    ...aaaaand they just called me to let me know they don't have any at my location :frown:

5. DeoreDX

DeoreDX Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    Alabama
    tried it, immediatly got an email saying item was unavailable at my store.

6. DaveInPA

DaveInPA Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Bucks County, PA, USA
    Dave
    Same here...I was able to get one for pickup from a Best Buy less than 15 miles from my house.

I'm sure something will go wrong. :)

7. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm calling the store right now. This has to be a glitch. Every Best Buy in the vicinity of Los Angeles has the lens in stock?!? Considering the last time I was at BB near my place last week, I didn't even see an E-PM or GF camera.

8. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just called my local BB, and this lens is listed as a deleted item. Probably a glitch.

9. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    FAIL!!!

I just recieved a note that my order was cancelled. It was available at the three local best buys near my house. I ordered from another one and it then failed a little later. I called bestbuy.

This is a "deleted" item they told me and they could not explain why it is listed for sale.

Bottom line, lens is not available, at least anywhere near Washington, DC. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Best Buy, your computer system is not worth a !$&@!!!

10. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I've had them do that to me before, list something at a great price that wasn't actually in stock at the store. Their inventory system at the store level seems pretty bad.

11. DaveInPA

DaveInPA Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Bucks County, PA, USA
    Dave
    I just got an email that mine was not available at my selected store. They said I can to get it from a different location if I can find it at another store. How lame is that? THey don't know their own inventory?

Oh well...my expectations were low even as I placed the order.

12. huai

huai Mu-43 Regular

May 24, 2013
    I got an email cancelling my order just now. Looks like it was a mistake.

13. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Glad I sold mine a few weeks ago!

14. zap

zap Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2012
    uk
    it's too good to be true... i bought mine for £200+

15. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    They had them at $99 a few months ago. I got one. (And I was able to sell it a few weeks ago for $140 :2thumbs: )