Panny 14mm 2.5 ebay prices $180-$500??

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by broncophil, Nov 18, 2012.

1. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    whats up with the wide range of prices..

the ones that are more expensive seem to be listed as MADE IN JAPAN..

Is that the only difference?

2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    They would all be the same, pricing on eBay is whatever someone wants for it. Not necessarily what it will sell for. Check prices from retailers on camera bodies, Digitalrev is charging over MSRP and apparently some are willing to pay their gouging price, doesn't mean that theirs is any different than the one my brick and mortar sells for over a hundred dollars less.

3. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    Just a few reasons asking prices will vary:
    US import versus grey market
    Seller's need to sell
    Legal status of ownership (not necessarily saying stolen; just no provenance)
    Seller's knowledge of market

In auctions, most selling prices are fairly close.

4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Pay $180. Those 14mm lenses are pulled from kits and are as good as new. If it breaks, by another one for cheap!

5. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    I picked mine up new (taken from kit) for $160...I've seen them go for more used-not sure why though??

6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    As noted above, the 14mm lens has become a favorite of resellers. They pull the lens out of camera/lens kits, so the lens will (generally) come without warranty paperwork. original box or a lens pouch. The lenses are new.

Those resellers who are selling the 14mm lens new but not from part of a kit will offer the warranty card and pouch and original box but at a higher price.

Resellers who purchased the lens new and are looking to unload it as used may have higher listed prices as they try to recoup their original cost. Resellers are, of course, free to ask any price they please.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased one from an EBay merchant in China for under $170 U.S. Shipping to the U.S. was included, but no pouch or warranty card. IMHO it is important to deal with a 'preferred' E Bay merchant who has a proven track record. That way if there is a dispute one has at least a fair chance of getting it resolved.

I'm quite pleased the the 14mm, and with the deal I got on E Bay.

HTH

Jim

7. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

A bit of a related question. The 14mm is reasonably going for about $200(give or take) new, and the GF2 and GF3 bodies are going for say $250. How is it that the 14mm + GF2/3 can be had for $300 new(with warranty)? Am I missing something here?

8. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    GF2/3 are no longer in production. Most likely, the retailers are simply trying to dispose of inventory to make room for current models.

The price on previous generation low-end m4/3 bodies, even new ones, is $150-200.

That's also why there are so many 14/2.5s selling for $170 on eBay.

9. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    they are ALL the same. the problem is. someone actually paid $500 for it. If no one pays those prices then no one would sell it at those prices.

I bought the P14 two times in different times of the year and I paid 170 shipped.

10. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Just got my P14/2.5 from ebay (thanks to my bro!). Man it's shockingly small (I'm new to m43).

On my E-PM2 it looks awesome.

Nice build quality, great focus ring action, and decent sharpness...just tested mine wide open and corners are quite good, although vignetting is significant!

11. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's so small!

That's the 14-54 II next to it... IMG-20121120-00355. IMG-20121120-00356.

12. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Just found that an old webcam case works perfectly to carry the 14/2.5 around in.

P14_lens.JPG