1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panny 14-42 on a G1?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Biro, May 14, 2011.

1. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I realize all micro four-thirds lenses are supposed to work on all micro four-thirds bodies - at least if the firmware is up to date. But has anyone used the newer Panasonic 14-42mm kit lens on an older body like the G1? I ask because I am considering picking up a G3. I only need the body but if I buy the G3 with the kit lens, I could perhaps give my G1 to a niece and at least throw in the 14-42 to get her started. I certainly can't buy a lens for her separately for $100 - which is what the kit lens essentially costs if one buys it with the G3. Does anyone know if the G1 and the 14-42 is a combination that works well enough or is problematic in any way?

EDIT: If the administrator thinks this post should have been made under the Native Lens string, by all means move it.

2. broadway

broadway Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
  3. hillwalkinggirl

hillwalkinggirl Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Wales, UK
    Barbara
    It will work fine - I have this combination and have no problems whatsoever. She will be a very lucky girl.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.