1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panny 14-140 f/4+

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by slothead, Aug 27, 2012.

1. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Can anyone speak to the positives and clarity of the Panny Lumix 14-140mm F/4.0-5.8? (Or anything else in the same category?)

Thanks,

2. jar

jar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 25, 2012
    I have the Oly 14-150 and like it. The sharpness isn't amazing, but it's solid, and the huge range of focal length is great. In choosing between the two, I went with the 14-150 due to cost and size/weight. It's about half the weight of the 14-140. Cameta has refurbs for $329. The only thing you give up is OIS. I decided it was worth the tradeoff. If you have an Olympus body with IBIS, choosing the Oly is a no brainer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Thanks for commenting jar.

I saw some other comments on it in another thread, and it looks like you are in the majority. However, clarity is a primary factor in my decision, moreso than price or weight or size. Based on the other comments I decided to go with the Panny.

Another factor that wasn't mentioned (so I will do so here) is the Mega OIS. I was advised to turn off the lens OIS since the camera is doing it (I actually thought some conflict between the two functions might result), but over the weekend I had the chance to use the Panny 100-300 and I was VERY impressed with the additional function of the Mega OIS. It really does improve shooting with a long lens. That in itself will add to a bit of clarity in the 40-140 for me (I guess I'm a shaky guy).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.