1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panny 14-140 f/4+

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by slothead, Aug 27, 2012.

1. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Can anyone speak to the positives and clarity of the Panny Lumix 14-140mm F/4.0-5.8? (Or anything else in the same category?)

Thanks,

2. jar

jar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 25, 2012
    I have the Oly 14-150 and like it. The sharpness isn't amazing, but it's solid, and the huge range of focal length is great. In choosing between the two, I went with the 14-150 due to cost and size/weight. It's about half the weight of the 14-140. Cameta has refurbs for $329. The only thing you give up is OIS. I decided it was worth the tradeoff. If you have an Olympus body with IBIS, choosing the Oly is a no brainer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Thanks for commenting jar.

I saw some other comments on it in another thread, and it looks like you are in the majority. However, clarity is a primary factor in my decision, moreso than price or weight or size. Based on the other comments I decided to go with the Panny.

Another factor that wasn't mentioned (so I will do so here) is the Mega OIS. I was advised to turn off the lens OIS since the camera is doing it (I actually thought some conflict between the two functions might result), but over the weekend I had the chance to use the Panny 100-300 and I was VERY impressed with the additional function of the Mega OIS. It really does improve shooting with a long lens. That in itself will add to a bit of clarity in the 40-140 for me (I guess I'm a shaky guy).