Panny 14-140 and the PL1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dcisive, Jun 29, 2010.

1. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    is a near match made in heaven if I do say so. Nice and sharp across it's range, with superb color rendition. Superb build and nice heft, not too much just right to aid in getting a stable shot. I did find however, that the IBIS is pretty much just as effective as the OIS which surprised me. Either way it makes for a potent picture taking combo. The link below is to a slightly cropped and resized image taken at the full 140mm wide open no less. I'm impressed.......

http://www.pbase.com/traveler/image/126085713/original.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    It's one of my favorite lenses for my GH1. Nice photo!

3. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    I agree its an excellent lens I like it for its flower closeup ability, its also the ideal video lens.

Its quite good even wide open.

Hope you don't mind my images (can remove if you like)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    It is certainly more to look forward to. I tried the video on continuous focus mode and low and behold it worked just like my camcorder locking focus when the subject distance changed seamlessly. These direct drive lenses are wonderful for just that purpose. The other lenses I have all struggle with this setup. So I'm looking forward to heading to Chicago in July to celebrate my moms 90th birthday. We have a surprise party arranged and she has NO idea my wife and I are going to be there at all. Let alone with the PL1 running when she enters the room. Hopefully it won't shock her too much. But I know this lens will deliver the goods. :tongue:

5. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    Dcisive, what is the settings on that image (iso, shutter, apert) ? I want as sharp images with my lenses, so far I am disappointed...

6. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    It was taken handheld f5.8 ISO200 and the shutter speed was 1/800th sec. Hope that helps.

7. nokiamia

nokiamia Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Malaysia
    dcisive, boyzo ---- what an image!!! super tack sharp!! beautifully composed too!