Panny 14-140 and the PL1

dcisive

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Lee
is a near match made in heaven if I do say so. Nice and sharp across it's range, with superb color rendition. Superb build and nice heft, not too much just right to aid in getting a stable shot. I did find however, that the IBIS is pretty much just as effective as the OIS which surprised me. Either way it makes for a potent picture taking combo. The link below is to a slightly cropped and resized image taken at the full 140mm wide open no less. I'm impressed.......

http://www.pbase.com/traveler/image/126085713/original.jpg

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I agree its an excellent lens I like it for its flower closeup ability, its also the ideal video lens.

Its quite good even wide open.

Hope you don't mind my images (can remove if you like)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

dcisive

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Lee
It is certainly more to look forward to. I tried the video on continuous focus mode and low and behold it worked just like my camcorder locking focus when the subject distance changed seamlessly. These direct drive lenses are wonderful for just that purpose. The other lenses I have all struggle with this setup. So I'm looking forward to heading to Chicago in July to celebrate my moms 90th birthday. We have a surprise party arranged and she has NO idea my wife and I are going to be there at all. Let alone with the PL1 running when she enters the room. Hopefully it won't shock her too much. But I know this lens will deliver the goods. :tongue:

Akashi

Mu-43 Regular
is a near match made in heaven if I do say so. Nice and sharp across it's range, with superb color rendition. Superb build and nice heft, not too much just right to aid in getting a stable shot. I did find however, that the IBIS is pretty much just as effective as the OIS which surprised me. Either way it makes for a potent picture taking combo. The link below is to a slightly cropped and resized image taken at the full 140mm wide open no less. I'm impressed.......

http://www.pbase.com/traveler/image/126085713/original.jpg
Dcisive, what is the settings on that image (iso, shutter, apert) ? I want as sharp images with my lenses, so far I am disappointed...

nokiamia

Mu-43 Regular
dcisive, boyzo ---- what an image!!! super tack sharp!! beautifully composed too!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom