Pancake Zoom For E-PM2

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Skab, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Skab

Skab New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2014
    I want to get either the Olympus 14-42 EZ or the Panasonic PZ 14-42 for my Olympus E-PM2. It will be used as a pocketable camera, so I don't want a larger zoom.

Is there any disadvantage to the Panasonic zoom? Will the IQ be similar beyween the 2? Are there any issues that I need to consider between the Panasonic and The Olympus on the E-PM2?

Thanks

2. LowTEC

LowTEC Mu-43 Regular

How about Panasonic 12-32, sharper than both and smaller in size, with OIS built in

3. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    Yeah I have the 12-32mm for my EM5 and it works really well, very happy with that lens. Haven't used the other two.

4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I can't speak to the Panasonic, but I have the 14-42 EZ from Olympus and it is a nice little lens, sharper than the Panasonic 14-42 (which I owned at one point and liked) and a bit smaller. I also like the zoom ring rather than the level on the Panasonic, which I found inconveniently placed for how I held my camera. The 12-32 Panasonic would serve you better if you like the 24mm equivalent and can do without the 84. I find I prefer to have a short tele build in rather than a long normal with a wider view on the other end. Different strokes and all that..

But the 14-42 EZ should not disappoint you.

5. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I can't speak to the Panasonic, but I have the 14-42 EZ from Olympus and it is a nice little lens, sharper than the Panasonic 14-42 (which I owned at one point and liked) and a bit smaller. I also like the zoom ring rather than the level on the Panasonic, which I found inconveniently placed for how I held my camera. The 12-32 Panasonic would serve you better if you like the 24mm equivalent and can do without the 84. I find I prefer to have a short tele build in rather than a long normal with a wider view on the other end. Different strokes and all that..

But the 14-42 EZ should not disappoint you.

6. rollbread

rollbread Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 4, 2013
    I've used lumix 14-42pz before and now using Olympus 14-42ez. Personally I find the Olympus one faster and color is better as well.

If u want it to be pocketable, get the Olympus as its lighter too.

7. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    I have the 12-32 and have used it an awful lot on the EPM2, in-fact if your in London from tomorrow eve to Friday you can see my totally bonkers artworks from my MA where this lens was one of the main lenses used. I love it as a lens of all the zooms I have ever used this is the one I have got the most from using, it makes for a great package with the Epm2, I have no experience of the others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.