1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pancake Zoom For E-PM2

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Skab, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Skab

Skab New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2014
    I want to get either the Olympus 14-42 EZ or the Panasonic PZ 14-42 for my Olympus E-PM2. It will be used as a pocketable camera, so I don't want a larger zoom.

Is there any disadvantage to the Panasonic zoom? Will the IQ be similar beyween the 2? Are there any issues that I need to consider between the Panasonic and The Olympus on the E-PM2?

Thanks

2. LowTEC

LowTEC Mu-43 Regular

How about Panasonic 12-32, sharper than both and smaller in size, with OIS built in

3. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    Yeah I have the 12-32mm for my EM5 and it works really well, very happy with that lens. Haven't used the other two.

4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I can't speak to the Panasonic, but I have the 14-42 EZ from Olympus and it is a nice little lens, sharper than the Panasonic 14-42 (which I owned at one point and liked) and a bit smaller. I also like the zoom ring rather than the level on the Panasonic, which I found inconveniently placed for how I held my camera. The 12-32 Panasonic would serve you better if you like the 24mm equivalent and can do without the 84. I find I prefer to have a short tele build in rather than a long normal with a wider view on the other end. Different strokes and all that..

But the 14-42 EZ should not disappoint you.

5. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I can't speak to the Panasonic, but I have the 14-42 EZ from Olympus and it is a nice little lens, sharper than the Panasonic 14-42 (which I owned at one point and liked) and a bit smaller. I also like the zoom ring rather than the level on the Panasonic, which I found inconveniently placed for how I held my camera. The 12-32 Panasonic would serve you better if you like the 24mm equivalent and can do without the 84. I find I prefer to have a short tele build in rather than a long normal with a wider view on the other end. Different strokes and all that..

But the 14-42 EZ should not disappoint you.

6. rollbread

rollbread Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 4, 2013
    I've used lumix 14-42pz before and now using Olympus 14-42ez. Personally I find the Olympus one faster and color is better as well.

If u want it to be pocketable, get the Olympus as its lighter too.

7. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    I have the 12-32 and have used it an awful lot on the EPM2, in-fact if your in London from tomorrow eve to Friday you can see my totally bonkers artworks from my MA where this lens was one of the main lenses used. I love it as a lens of all the zooms I have ever used this is the one I have got the most from using, it makes for a great package with the Epm2, I have no experience of the others.