Pancake fixed FL lenses

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by John Jarosz, Aug 19, 2010.

1. John Jarosz

John Jarosz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2010
    Chicago Area
    I'm wondering if someone comes out with a lens somewhere between 10-12mm as a fixed focal length what does anyone think the size will be?

I ask because I would be in the market for one but not if it's some big heavy thing. Actually, just so it's not big. I want a small wide angle setup, which is the reason I'm not really interested in the 7-14.

Some of the retrofocus 10mm cine lenses are suprisingly large. Is the 20mm retrofocus design?

20mm is really not wide enough for me. A large part of my use would be indoors (no flash)

Thoughts? Thanks

John

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    There's talk about a 14 (28mm) 2.8 coming shortly. If it does, I'll sell my 9-18.
    I'd like to see a 12mm 2.0 but that's in my head, not the designers....but it's pretty....

3. daimos

daimos Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
    richard
    I really like my 20mm that I am seriously trying to keep it on the body all the time, including the stitching solution in pp for wide angle shots, and zooming with my legs, rather than switching lenses.

cheers. :smile:

4. John Jarosz

Jul 29, 2010
    Chicago Area
    Stitching. I haven't thought about this aspect of digital. (Remember i'm primarily a film guy) I suppose it's better than it used to be.

Does anyone have any examples of interiors done with stitching and maybe the 20mm?

5. daimos

daimos Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
    richard
  6. John Jarosz

Jul 29, 2010
    Chicago Area
    OK, I'm impressed