Pancake fixed FL lenses

John Jarosz

Mu-43 Regular
I'm wondering if someone comes out with a lens somewhere between 10-12mm as a fixed focal length what does anyone think the size will be?

I ask because I would be in the market for one but not if it's some big heavy thing. Actually, just so it's not big. I want a small wide angle setup, which is the reason I'm not really interested in the 7-14.

Some of the retrofocus 10mm cine lenses are suprisingly large. Is the 20mm retrofocus design?

20mm is really not wide enough for me. A large part of my use would be indoors (no flash)

Thoughts? Thanks

John

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
There's talk about a 14 (28mm) 2.8 coming shortly. If it does, I'll sell my 9-18.
I'd like to see a 12mm 2.0 but that's in my head, not the designers....but it's pretty....

daimos

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
richard
I really like my 20mm that I am seriously trying to keep it on the body all the time, including the stitching solution in pp for wide angle shots, and zooming with my legs, rather than switching lenses.

cheers. :smile:

John Jarosz

Mu-43 Regular
Stitching. I haven't thought about this aspect of digital. (Remember i'm primarily a film guy) I suppose it's better than it used to be.

Does anyone have any examples of interiors done with stitching and maybe the 20mm?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom