1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Panasonic Viewfinder

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by photoeagle, Dec 27, 2015.

1. photoeagle

photoeagle Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2015
    Brad Harris
    Researching Pansonic cameras to make a good decision. I read comments about the viewfinder on the G7 is like looking into a cave.

Those that using the G7 what is experience with the viewfinder?

2. Listener

Listener Mu-43 Regular

The G7 viewfinder works fine for me. I use manual focus a lot so being able to see clearly through the viewfinder is important for accurate focus.

I wear bifocals by the way.

Like the G6, the G7 is well thought out. It fits my needs better than anything else available.

3. tc333

tc333 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 25, 2015
    I need a decent viewfinder and after checking the G7 out in a store I was sold.... works well for me as a wearer of glasses

4. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi
    I think you might be getting the Panasonic models confused
    The GX7 which is a rangefinder style camera with a small 16:9 EVF has a reputation for having a tunnel like EVF
    The G7 (which is a DSLR style camera) EVF has had no such reports as far as I know / have read
    I certainly have no such impression of the EVFact in the G7 and have never read anything other than (generally) good impressions of it on this forum
    Regards
    Rob

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. photoeagle

photoeagle Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2015
    Brad Harris
    Thanks for clearing that up.

6. Frankie Carroll

Frankie Carroll Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 29, 2015
  7. listers_nz

listers_nz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Simon
    Yes, I've got one on my GX7. I never had any problem without it, but it is definately worth buying IMHO. It makes the viewfinder fit your face better and cuts out stray light. As I recall, like you I debated buying it, but having bought it I don't think I'd be without it now.

8. Frankie Carroll

Frankie Carroll Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 29, 2015
    Oh great thanks, I think I will order one of Ebay and give it a go, thanks again

9. speedy

speedy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2015
    If you are looking for a ripping good EVF, try looking through the one on the GX8. There's some pretty good deals going down on them (GX8) at the moment, well worth a little extra of your hard earned. In my opinion anyway.

10. BLT

BLT Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    London
    James
    ^^^ agree

I've tried most mirrorless cameras in shops and airports and the two best EVFs I've found are the sony a7 series and the gx8. Crisp, clean and MASSIVE!