Panasonic Service Really Blows

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by MartinK, Feb 25, 2011.

1. MartinK

MartinK Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 13, 2010
    Washington State
    I've had an Olympus E-3 and now a Panasonic DMC-G2. I really enjoy both cameras. When I call Olympus I end up talking to knowledgable people who on occasion will take out a camera to replicate the condition I am asking about and then solve the problem if they can.

When I call Panasonic I am screened several times. The people seem to lack even rudimentary knowledge of their own cameras. They simply look something up in the manual and repeat it to me.

Gotta wonder if Panasonic can survive with this approach to customer service. I know Olympus will.
  2. Boston Chris

Boston Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2011
    Belmont, MA
    Panasonic seems to put their money elsewhere when it comes to customer service in the dslr business.

It was probably mostly invested into the R&D which created their great new video systems in cameras like the GH2 and AF100.

Still it shouldn't be this difficult for a company as big as Panasonic to be able to properly promote/decide the future of Interchangeable Lens Systems. They are making big change with their new cameras.

I'm an ILS guy for life now if they can continue to create systems that have all the needed dslr photography features and also all the needed video features as well.
    I want to see different camera systems that have the much needed Auto Focus, Camera Stabilization, and full manual functions needed for proper video production.

The GH2 is a great camera, but shooting handheld can be difficult as it will produce very shaky shots if your not moving perfectly fluid like a tripod head.
    It requires a shoulder mount, cage rig, or tripod for proper stabilization during video.

I think Panasonic is at a crossroads deciding what to do with their technology.
    How to make innovation without destroying their high end still and video camera line up by making a cheaper camera that does it all, while that is what alot people want.