1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic Service Center - McAllen, TX.......your experience?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by cacadepollo, Nov 5, 2015.

1. cacadepollo

cacadepollo Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 6, 2015
    SoCal
    First of all, I absolutely LOVE my GH4, as well as the image quality of my 12-35 f2.8 & 35-100 F2.8.

That being said..

I had to send in my 12-35 for cleaning as there were specs inside the lens. As the instructions instructed me to send off my lens to their service center in McAllen, TX. They called me once to let me know that they received the lens and gave me a service number and said it would be serviced and sent back in a few days - all of this took place in the first week. A few weeks later, I tried to call them to see what the status was, but I couldn't get through via their service number. I tried to call numerous times, but the line responded like it wasn't in service. Now I just had to rely on blind faith to even get my lens back. FINALLY, Although it took over a month to get my lens back, I finally got my lens back 2 days ago and IF I no longer had internal dust that was clearly visible, then I probably would be a happy photographer again.
    But no, I received it with internal dust - internal dust that looks very similar to how I sent it off. Now I'm trying to contact them, AGAIN, and nothing. I called their customer service department, which they promptly answered, but they for whatever reason don't have the option to transfer me directly to their service department.

As much as I love my lumix gear, I'm ready to sell it all off, because no matter how good their technology and products are, if this is how Panasonic deals with maintenence and repairs AND their customers, my 4 thousand dollars worth of lumix gear is as good as crap. or maybe spots on my images are exactly the way panasonic expects you to hand off to your clients.

Any of yall deal with similar experiences?

What in the hell is up with their service department?

Anybody know of any good repair places in the los angeles area? I can't wait another fricking month for this nonsense again.

2. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    You can find similar threads here (heck, look at the Similar Threads" section at the bottom of this page) with frustration at Panasonic's Texas service center. When I had to send in my GX7, their website system didn't recognize the model, so I had to call. I did get my camera back within the timeframe in which they said it would be returned, but I honestly was unsure it was going to happen due to the problems and missteps in their process. Good luck.