Panasonic S1. Is strong. Is hairy chested

masayoshi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Masaaki
I'm just curious what happened after the fire burner.
I just don't see the point of using fire to say 'Panasonic camera is built tough'.

By the way, when I was doing audio, I found this 'shootout' video to be funny.
Jump over 4:40 mark.

I think Panasonic needs to do 'Truck Drive Over' and 'High drop' tests to claim really their camera is built tough.

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
That's a good amount of water dumped on the camera. It seems that Panasonic has taken weather sealing quite seriously with the S1/S1R (so seriously that they decided to create a video about it!).

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
And they chose just ice for cold temperature test.
That's not actually cold enough. They should drop the camera into liquid nitrogen, and see what happens.:biggrin:
I was hoping they would wait until the ice would melt so that the camera would be partially submerged.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
If nothing else, it's good entertainment :)

And maybe, that's why the S1/R is a little more expensive than the NiCanony competition?

Ever heard of Panasonic Tough Books? I think they might know a little bit about building a robust electronic device :)

Relax. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom