Panasonic Rangerfinder?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Alanroseman, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    From 43Rumors : 43 Rumors | Blog | (FT5) HOT! Panasonic GF3 leaked!!!

Did anyone notice this in the bit about the new GF camera? This is obviously an image of the older L1. I just wondered if anyone else paid this any mind??

"For those of you waiting for a more professional GF camera and worthy Fuji X100 competition wait a couple of months when Panasonic may will announce the Micro Four Thirds version of the Panasonic L1"

Panasonic_L1.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    I did notice that quote and would love to see the m4/3 version of an L1. I moved from Canon to 4/3's when I bought an L1 (Later moved to m4/3). Loved the aperture ring, shutter speed dial, lens with IS and the simple (retro) design and interface. The porro prism view finder wasn't so great but they can build in an EVf in the m4/3 version.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    all of that is available with the Leica d lens on a GF1... :)

4. DuaneO

DuaneO Mu-43 Rookie

May 19, 2011
    The camera looks like the Lumix L1

Back about 5-6 years ago, Panasonic had a camera know as the Lumix L1. I understand it was a four third system type body and lens.

Here's a link to the Wiki for that camera.
    File:Lumix-L1 img 0961.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, there was another version LC-1 a point and shoot here's that example...

DMC LC1 Lumix Camera Review and Cheap Digital Camera UK Lumix Information.

Both body styles and configuration is very close to the GF-3 copy posted in this thread.

5. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    For what its worth, 43rumors.com has been talking about a m43 version of the L1/LC1 body style, well, pretty much since m43 was announced.

I wouldn't get excited (although it would be amazing)

6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Well, The picture I posted is off of an eBay auction.... it's listed there as a buy it now for around $1129.99.

Here's the listing:

7.5-megapixel Live MOS sensor captures enough detail for photo-quality 16 x 21-inch prints
    2.5-inch LCD display with unique Live View functionality
    Film-camera body layout, with shutter-speed dial and on-lens aperture adjustment
    Leica 14-50mm Mega OIS lens included (equivalent to 28-100mm in 35mm photography) with 100 percent view-field coverage
    Supersonic Wave Filter system for dust reduction; Venus Engine III processing engine
    Panasonic DMC-L1 7.5MP Digital SLR Camera with Leica 14-50mm Mega O.I.S. Lens
    Mount: Four Thirds mount
    Aspect ratio: 3:4 (Vertical : horizontal)
    Recording file format: JPEG (Design rule for Camera File system, based on Exif 2.21 standard), DPOF corresponding, RAW
    Field of view: Approximately 95 percent
    Focusing area selection: Auto / 1 fixed point, left / 1 fixed point, center/ 1 fixed point, right
    AF detective range: EV0-19 (ISO100)
    AF lock: AFL/AEL button or shutter button halfway pressed in AFS mode
    ISO sensitivity: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
    White balance: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / Flash / White Set 1,2 / Color temperature setting
    Shutter-system type: Focal-plane shutter
    Built-in flash: Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction, Forced On/Off
    LCD monitor type: 2.5" low temperature Polycrystalline TFT LCD
    Battery life: Approximately 450 images (CIPA standard)

Panasonic DMC-L1K Digital SLR Body
    Leica 14-50mm Mega OIS lens
    AC Adapter
    Battery Pack
    Eyepiece Cap
    Body Cap
    Video Cable
    USB Connection Cable
    AC Cable, DC Cable
    Battery Charger

• Like Like x 1
  7. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I also think it's more like a wish of Admin at 43Rumors, but who knows, maybe Panasonic is reading his blog :smile:

8. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Size

If the camera could retain asimilar footprint to that of the GF1, I for one would be interested.

A more "Pro" version of a GF1 is something I would personally be very interested in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    There was a story a while ago that its the 10th. anniversary of the Lumix name on cameras in October 2011 I think. A Panasonic rep. sometime last year apparently said that there would be an "anniversary camera" or some such. 43rumors seem to have got the idea that its going to be something based on the L1.

• Like Like x 1
  10. semma

semma Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    The Pana L-X10(0) :smile:

11. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Panasonic and Olympus need to do something to get m4/3 out of the doldrums and a rangefinder style view finder on an interchangeable lens camera would be a great way to go. If they let Fuji or some other manufacturer beat them to the punch ...

12. agoglanian

agoglanian Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2010
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Abram Goglanian
    I agree. I'm happy with the GF1 but I hate having to use an EVF attachment. I want it built in! If they don't launch something soon I'm planning on switching to the G3 to be honest.

13. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    The L1 was made for Leica to sell as the Digilux 3. Unless Leica suddenly decides to get into u4/3 I don't think we'll see anything like this from Panasonic.

Fred

14. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    I wanted to believe Panasonic is rearranging all their line up to bring another body, as we can see frequently in car business, but in fact I don't. But that would be nice.

15. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
  16. agoglanian

agoglanian Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2010
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Abram Goglanian
    That's how I feel. I like the GF1 but dislike the evf attachment. I'm impressed by what the G3 offers, but I feel it's just a bit TOO simplified. Maybe the answer is to just get the GH2?

17. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    This from Rumors today - (FT5) UPDATED: Panasonic will release an advanced GF camera!!! And a new GH successor!