1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic MFT Lenses - Firmware Updates on Olympus Body

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by larryis1, Dec 23, 2015.

1. larryis1

larryis1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    Southern Nevada, USA
    Larry
    I have two Panasonic lenses for use on my OM D E-M5 II body. They are:
    LUMIX® G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm &Panasonic LUMIX G LEICA DG SUMMILUX 15mm. I just updated my Olympus body to firmware version 2.1. I also updated my other Olympus native MFT lenses as well to their respective firmware versions. The updates were effected using the Olympus updater. When I tried to update the two Panasonic lenses there were no available updates.

Is it correct to update Panasonic lenses using the Olympus updater? If another method, please advise.

Thanks, Larry

2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    Yes it is officially supported. I updated the P20 on the E-M10 with no problems.
    Here the full list of firmware versions from Olympus, including Pana lenses, with release date:

Joint update service for OLYMPUS E-SYSTEM - OLYMPUS Digital Camera

In the "wrench menu -> firmware" you can see the current lens version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. larryis1

larryis1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    Southern Nevada, USA
    Larry
    Thank you Klorenzo. This list is helpful. It looks like my Pany zoom has not had a firmware update since I purchased it around 5 months ago; last update in 2013. I could not find the Pany 15mm lens on the list though.

4. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    There has never been an update listed for the 15.

5. larryis1

larryis1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    Southern Nevada, USA
    Larry
    Thank you Fredlong

6. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    I just updated one of my Panasonic lenses on my EPL5 body. Also did my Oly 45mm. It always bugs me that the Updater software shows the NEXT button on the PC screen before the OK sign appears on the camera. I almost pressed it out of habit.

Both updates took less than 10 seconds to download on a wired connection, but the Panasonic needed 2 minutes to re-flash the lenes, while the Olympus was done in under 1 minute.

7. larryis1

larryis1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    Southern Nevada, USA
    Larry
    Yes the NEXT button can be dangerous when pressed (pretty tempting) before the OK shows up on the camera LCD.