1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic LX7 for $289.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Nov 22, 2012.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Seems like it was just yesterday this came out for $499.

Same price at J&R now. Use coupon TURKEY10 to take $10 off making it $289.

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX7 10 Megapixel Digital Camera - Black in Point and Shoot Digital Cameras | JR.com
    Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX7 10 Megapixel Digital Camera - White in Point and Shoot Digital Cameras | JR.com

$299 here.
    Samys.com: Weekly Ad

Hm... somehow the link is getting mangled when you click on it. Try cutting and pasting it.

Samys.com: Weekly Ad

Same price directly from Panasonic now. If Panasonic is doing, I'd expect everyone to match.

Panasonic DMC-LX7K - LUMIX LX7 10.1 Megapixel Digital Camera - Overview

• Like Like x 2
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Wow, amazing price!

3. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Thinking about getting one of these for my GF. She goes to a lot of concerts and wants something small that works well in low light.

4. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    This isn't small. It's GF2 + 14mm sized.

5. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Ordered, thanks for posting this up. It's not too small, but much smaller than her super zoom which she hates lugging around. Besides, I'll have another camera to play with. What a great deal.

B

6. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    I'd like to get one of these, but have a query on the video.

Ordering into the UK from the US the camera will be the 30/60 fps version (compared to 25/50 for Europe). Does this mean the video will not play back here in England, on our TV equipment, or just that it doesn't meet broadcast standard or ... what ? I have no clue what these numbers mean.

7. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    In the digital world, unless you're shooting with the intention of broadcast, that distinction is meaningless. Your digital TV in Europe will display a 60p signal just as well as my digital TV in the US will play a 50p signal. Digital TVs are just big monitors after all. They are all multi-resolution and multi-refresh rate. If it does bother you, there's a menu option to switch between NTSC/PAL.

• Like Like x 3
  8. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    Short answer: don't worry, you can switch it to 25/50 in the menu.

9. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Thanks for the info, but just discovered Amazon won't ship this direct to UK. Will have to wait for the price drops over here

10. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    Panasonic also has this at $299, I believe for Cyber Monday - maybe they ship to UK?

• Like Like x 1
  11. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    It's $299 at B&H. B&H ships internationally. B&H is a very well respected vendor based in NY.

• Like Like x 1
  12. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    I looked at B&H (have used them before) but the postage is making the deal less attractive. Will probably wait now for UK offers, maybe the New Year

13. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL